Lt. Commander
I've just dinged Vice Admiral 1, and got me a MVAE ship, is it the best choice to stick with all the way or is there a better one i'm not aware of.
I've heard some rumblings about the Defiant-R, not sure if i got it or not.

i've got all the standard free ships along the way when i up rank.
Any help would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
The Defiant-R is my ship of choice; but it is something you will need to purchase either with emblems or in the cstore if you have already picked up your freebie VA ship
Lt. Commander
# 3
The best advice I can give is to give it a try, and if you don't like it, try another.
Lt. Commander
# 4
I would play a bit with the ship you just got before posing that question, and see if that's right for you. The MVAE is a great ship, learn it's ins and outs for a bit before finalizing your decision.
Lt. Commander
# 5
They're all good. I went with Defiant-R because I love cloaking, but, really, the ships are reasonably balanced so that none are WIN buttons.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-19-2011, 09:24 PM
My Star Cruiser is running fine thanks to updates and equipment. I am an engineer and haven't had problems with cruisers yet. Tactical Officers I dunno I am still going to run through with it tonight since I dinged Vice Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Galaxy-X !!! Nothing beats the feeling when you one-shot people with Phaser Lance :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Galaxy-X !!! Nothing beats the feeling when you one-shot people with Phaser Lance :p
This until they fix it.

Seriously, you should not be able to one shot people...
When Dalnar hits my 31,5% all resist ship with a 40k phaser lance (first hit only), there is something wrong... (100% hull and shields to boom in a second).
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-20-2011, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpstalker
This until they fix it.

Seriously, you should not be able to one shot people...
When Dalnar hits my 31,5% all resist ship with a 40k phaser lance (first hit only), there is something wrong... (100% hull and shields to boom in a second).
You forget it was all tactical buffs up, you were tractored for 0 speed (thus the extra accuracy was transfered to crit severity),debuffed with FOMM and the lance did CRIT ! And I always use EPtW before it for extra dmg. That reminds me, I should get EPtW III for maximum potential, I'm missing that and its extra 10% dmg :p

There is nothing wrong with the lance. It does miss most of the time, and to actually aim it is titans feat, with the awesome turn rate it does. And I need tractor beam for it, which lowers my tanking potential, at least until I get full borg set.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-20-2011, 03:16 AM
No other ship can do that (maybe the Guramba) and there is no way to prevent yourself for being one shotted (sry for bad english) by this abomination.

You just have to cloack, uncloack and use your cds+tractor beam without any gcd then hit phaser lance and enjoy the boom...

No, sorry, you shouldn't be able to do this in a MMO, perhaps rise the accuracy to 100% and half the damages but actually it's too frustrating.