Lt. Commander
# 1 Adding character slots?
06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi all

I'd like to be able to keep my current characters and not delete them.... is there a way of increasing my character slots either through rewards or a c-store perk? if c-store what is the item called?

Thanks
Nuttkase
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Yes additional character slots can be purchased from the c-store....and they are on 50% off the price right now till the 16th

Service: Additional Character Slots
(500 Atari Tokens for 2 character slots, 850 Atari Tokens for 4 character slots)

New accounts come with two (2) character slots. An additional character slot is unlocked by earning the "Blood of the Warrior" accolade, for a total of three (3). Players can purchase sets of two (2) or sets of four (4) additional character slots for their account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah, the 425 for 4 slots and the costume slots are good deals. But the per-character slots will never be.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2011, 09:01 AM
With a view to purchasing additional character slots I have discovered that I have another three slots available.... its this one of the many perks that you get when becoming a lifer?? (the last lifer sale to happen)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttkase View Post
With a view to purchasing additional character slots I have discovered that I have another three slots available.... its this one of the many perks that you get when becoming a lifer?? (the last lifer sale to happen)
I believe the LTS comes with 2 additional character slots. There is also an additional character slot given as a veteran reward, at the 300 day mark.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2011, 10:00 AM
lol yes I got the extra character from my 300 day vet. ... still doesn't explain where I got the other two from
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I believe the LTS comes with 2 additional character slots. There is also an additional character slot given as a veteran reward, at the 300 day mark.
Lifers currently don't get 2 additional character slots. The only time a lifer got extra slots is if you bought the lifetime before the game came out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttkase View Post
lol yes I got the extra character from my 300 day vet. ... still doesn't explain where I got the other two from
You received an extra character slot when you unlocked Klingon play on your account. So without the bells and whistle of anything just the box comes with 3 slots total with the third having to be unlocked by unlocking Klingon play on your account.

Like others have said there are the veteran rewards. I cannot remember if hitting lvl 51 unlocks another slot for your account I know it does hitting lvl cap in CO.

With the sale, I believe you can get 4 slots for 425 AT at the moment. If you buy slots from the c-store, there are two options one is a 2 character unlock the other is a 4 character unlock the better value being the 4 character unlock.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2011, 10:38 AM
LTS purchased before release will have 6 character slots total now (I just checked on my account. I have 5 characters with 1 still available). You will have 3 that are the standard slots, plus 2 with the LTS, plus 1 as a Veteran reward (which you should have if you are LTS since release). There is no new character slot for hitting level cap.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkiemelissa
Lifers currently don't get 2 additional character slots. The only time a lifer got extra slots is if you bought the lifetime before the game came out.
While I agree that was true, just like being able to be a Liberated Borg Captain was only for those who bought the LTS before launch (or whenever the original offer expired), it may have changed when Cryptic allowed everyone who bought an LTS to have the perks included in the original offer. Nuttkase did say he bought an LTS and does have 2 unexplained extra character slots. Where did these slots come from if not from the LTS?

I'm just trying to offer a plausible explanation for the 2 unexplained extra slots.