Lt. Commander
# 21
06-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkiemelissa
Lifers currently don't get 2 additional character slots. The only time a lifer got extra slots is if you bought the lifetime before the game came out.
I got my LTS the 2nd week of open beta.

I thought we were given 3 additional Character slots

The funny thing is I forgot about all the extra free Character slots that I had and picked up 4 more slots awhile back; I should have waited and would have be able to get 8.

If my count is right I should have 11 Character slots in total with 7 in use; thatís enough for me for now.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Well I contacted support on this because if this is actually the case, its not right for them to readd them in. I can understand, when STO coming out to having these extras, but months after I bought mine and I did not get it at the beginning, it should not have been readded in. See you are still coming out ahead if you bought the yearly at the beginning because they also had extra character slots.

I bought slots + I had 2 slots + 1 for when I had unlocked lt 6 + 1 veteran rewards. All of which equals not getting the extra 2 slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I got my LTS the 2nd week of open beta.

I thought we were given 3 additional Character slots

The funny thing is I forgot about all the extra free Character slots that I had and picked up 4 more slots awhile back; I should have waited and would have be able to get 8.

If my count is right I should have 11 Character slots in total with 7 in use; thatís enough for me for now.
Its not about the slots per se, but more about what should be fair.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkiemelissa
And I bought mine last June and I did not get them so your assessment that they never took them out was wrong because I never got 2 of extra slots like when it was first released.
As said in my prior posts, the 2 extra slots are like the perk of being able to create a Liberated Borg Captain. It was in the original offer, followed by a period of time where it was not supposed to be available but reported that some people were still getting the perk upon purchase, followed by Cryptic reinstating the perk and giving it to anyone who purchased an LTS, no matter when they purchased the LTS.

In other words, If you didn't get your two character slots for your LTS you should submit a billing ticket. I highly doubt the people posting here are making up a story just to argue with you, especially the OP who was curious how he ended up with 6 slots since he did not purchase any extra slots from the C-Store (and now apparently is not going to as 6 seem to be enough for him).

Edit... doh, you ninja'd me. Glad you submitted a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Fair enough. I even linked them to this thread so we will see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
There were 2 ways you got the 2 extra slots. The LTS gave them out and the 1 year plan also. I don't recall when they stopped giving them out, maybe the 1 year anniversary.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Support only gave a response to the link:
http://www.startrekonline.com/lifetime

I hate generic responses. I even talked to other people in my fleet that got their lifetimes recently and they all said that they did not get 2 extra character slots when they got theirs.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-18-2011, 08:39 PM
I am a complete newbie at STO (been here under a week), and I just purchased extra character slots to expand my bridge crew, but I can't find them anywhere. Do I have to enable them somehow, or are they disabled because I'm still only a Lieutenant, or something like that?
All sensible replies gratefully received.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaren_Kincaid
I am a complete newbie at STO (been here under a week), and I just purchased extra character slots to expand my bridge crew, but I can't find them anywhere. Do I have to enable them somehow, or are they disabled because I'm still only a Lieutenant, or something like that?
All sensible replies gratefully received.
Character slots are different from bridge officer slots. If you bought character slots, you will be able to create more captains to play, Fed or Klingon. The slots are applied to your account. Regular price is 500 points for 2, 850 for 4.

Bridge officer slots are slots to put bridge officers in (reg price is 400 points). They are bought on a per character basis. Buying 2 slots will give you the ABILITY to have 2 more bridge officers available for your character. It does not actually give you the bridge officers, and at your level, you probably don't have enough bridge officers to fill all the slots (that will change as you progress, though). The slots are not account wide. Buying them for 1 character will not apply on another character.

So, did you buy character slots, or bridge officer slots?
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Character slots are different from bridge officer slots. If you bought character slots, you will be able to create more captains to play, Fed or Klingon. The slots are applied to your account. Regular price is 500 points for 2, 850 for 4.

Bridge officer slots are slots to put bridge officers in (reg price is 400 points). They are bought on a per character basis. Buying 2 slots will give you the ABILITY to have 2 more bridge officers available for your character. It does not actually give you the bridge officers, and at your level, you probably don't have enough bridge officers to fill all the slots (that will change as you progress, though). The slots are not account wide. Buying them for 1 character will not apply on another character.

So, did you buy character slots, or bridge officer slots?
Ah, I don't know. How do I check to find out?
It would have been nice if this difference were explained clearly before making a purchase. I doubt I'm the only one who confuses the two.
Does this mean the empty two bridge officer slots I see on my dashboard (for want of a better term) cannot be filled until I advance further in rank?
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaren_Kincaid
Ah, I don't know. How do I check to find out?
It would have been nice if this difference were explained clearly before making a purchase. I doubt I'm the only one who confuses the two.
Does this mean the empty two bridge officer slots I see on my dashboard (for want of a better term) cannot be filled until I advance further in rank?
Ok. I think I know what the problem is. First of all, you can check if you bought character slots on the choose character page when you log in. When you log in, on the screen where you need to pick your character- If you hover your mouse over the 'Create new character' button, it will tell you how many you have available. If you are a regular subscriber who is at least level 6 (Lt. 6), you should have 2 more available. If you have 4 more available, that means you purchased 2 additional character slots.

Now, the problem you are having (I think), is that either you don't have enough bridge officers, or they aren't assigned to a station. In your starter ship, you should have 3 available stations to put bridge officers in. There is 1 tactical, 1 engineering, and 1 science station. Unfortunately, you cannot mix/match. Only a science bridge officer can be assigned to a science station. Only a tactical bridge officer can be assigned to a tactical station. So first thing you should check is to make sure you have at least 1 of each type of bridge officer. When you are in space, press 'U'. If you look along the left side of the window that just opened, your bridge officers should be listed there. They are color coded - red tactical, yellow engineering, blue science. If you do not have 1 of each, then you will have to get some more officers before you can fill those spots on your ship. As you level, you will get bridge officers as rewards, so don't worry too much. Make a note of which officer type you are missing, and the next time you get a reward, pick the type of officer that you are missing.

If, on the other hand, you DO have 1 of each type, then you just need to put them into a station. While in space, press 'U'. Then click the 'Assignments' tab along the top. Find the station that is missing a bridge officer, and select the officer from the drop down menu.