Lt. Commander
# 101
09-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
Good start but give it 10 weapon slots, 5 fore 5 aft.
Again, I would like this; but I don't see Cryptic putting in 5 weapon slots any time soon. I hope they do, but it doesn't look promising. What about giving it 8 weapon slots or seven?

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 102
10-05-2011, 06:37 AM
As of the newest F2P blog detailing the release of "test points" for the F2P test server, I have signed up whole heartedly!

Why?

Because they have also said they are releasing a bunch of undisclosed new ships for player testing and use.

You know what that could mean?

THE JUPITER CLASS DREADNOUGHT!!

Yes I know, I may be jumping to conclusions, but given the fact that Cryptic has stated that it plans on releasing the Jupiter and the Typhoon as playable ships (and that was before it was going F2P) so now with F2P the chances of this becoming a reality have skyrocketed!

If this actually happens I'll post my report here in the Jupiter forums.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 103
10-05-2011, 06:49 AM
i hope not jupiter class is uglier then rossie odonel after she just ate a whole sammon like a bear dose in alaska....pitcture it............ya pretty damm ugly
Lt. Commander
# 104
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
The ship is sadly an aquired taste, to me it looks like a futuristic Ironing board. I hope it someday is burned, if I give my honest opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 105
10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Quiiliitiila im not bagging on you im just real curious as in what you see in this ship pure curiosity
Lt. Commander
# 106
10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie619 View Post
Quiiliitiila im not bagging on you im just real curious as in what you see in this ship pure curiosity
No problem zombie,

I for one like the sheer size of the ship, as it is something that Star Fleet has never really done before. Also I have always liked the quad pylon and nacelle design, the Jupiter presents a new and radical design to Star Fleet ships. Also I do like the fact that it does not utilize the main hull-neck-saucer design that most Federation ships do.

As Shorney said, it is an acquired taste, and I have fount that I in fact do really love the look if the ship.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 107
10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I want a Jupiter Class Dreadnought.

I will paint it red, or as much red as I can.
I will make an Engineer captain who's a bit on the pudgy side.
I will buy a Caitian bridge officer.
I will pester my friends until they agree to help me get a Holographic BO.
I will make an "Android" as an Alien BO. (unless and until they put in Android BOs)
And I shall call it the U.S.S. Red Dwarf.
And there shall be much smeggery.
Lt. Commander
# 108
10-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
No problem zombie,

I for one like the sheer size of the ship, as it is something that Star Fleet has never really done before. Also I have always liked the quad pylon and nacelle design, the Jupiter presents a new and radical design to Star Fleet ships. Also I do like the fact that it does not utilize the main hull-neck-saucer design that most Federation ships do.

As Shorney said, it is an acquired taste, and I have fount that I in fact do really love the look if the ship.

-Quiiliitiila
see its the pylons on this that i hate....to me it looks like i was just thrown together with the nacells.....maybey if they wer pulled closer to the hull
Lt. Commander
# 109
10-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie619 View Post
see its the pylons on this that i hate....to me it looks like i was just thrown together with the nacells.....maybey if they wer pulled closer to the hull
Agreed, I would say that there is going to be an overhaul of it's looks and I'd also say that the nacelles and pylons would be bulked up and changed somehow (I'd vote for pulled closer like you said). Personally I think the ship when released will be a refit to explain the changes from the old NPC to the new, but that's just me.

Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 110
10-06-2011, 12:10 PM
or if they werent up and dow and went left to right hmm think how that would look