Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 131
11-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umrathama View Post
I have been wanting a true dread class ship on the fed side since open beta. Something to counter the klingon dread at least.
Ya we have and it's been nothing but a pipe dream
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 132
11-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Hazard View Post
Ya we have and it's been nothing but a pipe dream
I'd settle for my fellow Fed's working on teamwork more. Dread' or naught ( ) if Fed's don't work together it won't make a difference.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 133
11-16-2011, 12:57 PM
My Jupiter build was best.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 134
11-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
My Jupiter build was best.
Not worth a farthing if there isn't a good team to support it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 135
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Not worth a farthing if there isn't a good team to support it.
BLASPHEMY!

My incredible sexiness would carry it through. Dual Lance, cloak, AND 17 base turn rate with 75k health, 6x Commander level Universal BOFFs, I would PWN! Hell... I'd take on entire teams and zomgroflwtfbbqpwnt them without trying.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 136
11-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
BLASPHEMY!

My incredible sexiness would carry it through. Dual Lance, cloak, AND 17 base turn rate with 75k health, 6x Commander level Universal BOFFs, I would PWN! Hell... I'd take on entire teams and zomgroflwtfbbqpwnt them without trying.
You forgot to mention the fuzzy dice hanging on the view screen!!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 137
11-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Talk about this ship is fine and all, and i think its really neat how its shaping up into a moving wall, but. . . how do you balance it with the rest of the game? What could be used to take it down if need be on the fed side?
Secondly, It seems good if your looking at it from a PvE perspective, but it just seems either too over powered in its defense, yet under powered in its offense. yes, it can take a serious beating, but if it cant dish out enough damage to make it a threat, whats the point? any fighters/escorts that it 'may' be given would just be an annoyance instead of a threat. now, if you gave it some form of weapon, like the spinal lance for the galaxy x, that would make it more of a threat, it seems more permissible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 138
11-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivyn13
Talk about this ship is fine and all, and i think its really neat how its shaping up into a moving wall, but. . . how do you balance it with the rest of the game? What could be used to take it down if need be on the fed side?
Secondly, It seems good if your looking at it from a PvE perspective, but it just seems either too over powered in its defense, yet under powered in its offense. yes, it can take a serious beating, but if it cant dish out enough damage to make it a threat, whats the point? any fighters/escorts that it 'may' be given would just be an annoyance instead of a threat. now, if you gave it some form of weapon, like the spinal lance for the galaxy x, that would make it more of a threat, it seems more permissible.
What build of the Jupiter are you referring to? The most recent one mentioned a few posts ago was a joke, if you go further back there are quite a few serious builds and discussions on them.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 139
12-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Well I logged on today to play around with my Duty Officers and had an INTENSE pang of want for the Jupiter. I've just grown so bored with my Excelsior lately and it makes playing not as fun (still fun, but just not as much as it used to be...).

Personally I hope that they don't make the Jupiter one of their new .5 ships, I believe it deserves to be a true T4 or T5 ship.

*Sigh* I wish it were out now...

Moping until it they release the Jupiter,
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 140
12-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I was perusing the STO wiki and I found some new pictures of the Terran Empire Jupiter Dreadnought. Pretty nice!

SIDE

SIDE / TOP

UNDERSIDE

TOP

This last photo shows how skinny the "underbelly" section of the ship. I hope that it could be larger when released as a player ship.

FRONT

Fingers crossed it comes out shortly after F2P!
-Quiiliitiila

EDIT: Added top pic.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 AM.