Lt. Commander
# 151
12-07-2011, 08:21 PM
The Jupiter rocks! I Hope it is released soon, It looks like a love boat just as much as my Oracle deep space science vessel looks like a cruise ship, so I'm game! No reason they should not put it in the game, heck they seem to be releasing a Jem Hadar (<-SP?) ship so it should not be THAT far behind!
Lt. Commander
# 152
12-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Could someone explain the Odyssey's supposed side weapons? I've never heard of this before, and I'd like to know more if there is info on it!

It's rather an exciting prospect if true, and I think it would make a great addition to the Jupiter if possible.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 153
12-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Could someone explain the Odyssey's supposed side weapons? I've never heard of this before, and I'd like to know more if there is info on it!

It's rather an exciting prospect if true, and I think it would make a great addition to the Jupiter if possible.

-Quiiliitiila

The odyssey class is the Enterprise-F when we fought it on Tribble it had side weapon slots for torpedoes and cannons, which it mercilessly fired at us. Personally I can't wait for it in the end of "January?" at least if the current Cryptic timetable holds up and we get it with the new featured episode. Hopefully when we get the Jupiter and Odyssey they'll be tier six ships.
Lt. Commander
# 154
12-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
The odyssey class is the Enterprise-F when we fought it on Tribble it had side weapon slots for torpedoes and cannons, which it mercilessly fired at us. Personally I can't wait for it in the end of "January?" at least if the current Cryptic timetable holds up and we get it with the new featured episode. Hopefully when we get the Jupiter and Odyssey they'll be tier six ships.
GASP! No WAY! That'd be the coolest Jupiter ability (aside from making it a carrier, which most likely won't happen). It'd be perfect for the Jupiter's poor turn rate (oh yes, it'll have one), Mwahahahaha! I'm excited now, hopefully cryptic doesn't screw the side weapons up.

I can see them making it a timed ability with a cool down though... Hopefully not. You're sure they were side weapons? (Just double checking :^D)

Thanks for the info snipe!
-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 155
12-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
GASP! No WAY! That'd be the coolest Jupiter ability (aside from making it a carrier, which most likely won't happen). It'd be perfect for the Jupiter's poor turn rate (oh yes, it'll have one), Mwahahahaha! I'm excited now, hopefully cryptic doesn't screw the side weapons up.

I can see them making it a timed ability with a cool down though... Hopefully not. You're sure they were side weapons? (Just double checking :^D)

Thanks for the info snipe!
-Quiiliitiila
Very sure, I was 6km away in a Nova Class science vessel when it hit me with a Spread and murdered my face lol. It definitely came out of the side.
Lt. Commander
# 156
12-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Very sure, I was 6km away in a Nova Class science vessel when it hit me with a Spread and murdered my face lol. It definitely came out of the side.
Sweet, you just made my day. :^D
Lt. Commander
# 157
12-10-2011, 02:30 PM
"summons" fighters? so it's not a proper carrier?

lame, I wouldn't buy it. make a proper carrier and charge 5k C-points for it and i'll happily pay it.
Lt. Commander
# 158
12-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
"summons" fighters? so it's not a proper carrier?

lame, I wouldn't buy it. make a proper carrier and charge 5k C-points for it and i'll happily pay it.
Well, we were trying to come up with acceptable ways for it to have fighters without the controversy of it being a Federation carrier. But that was a while ago, I'd like it to be a full blown carrier, but I know that would never happen. Also, even if there were to be a Federation carrier, it would probably not be the Jupiter...

So we've taken to coming up with other abilities for it, like the side weapons Snipe just informed us of!

And yes, If they somehow made it a full blown carrier and put it in the C-store for 5,000 points... I'd buy it too.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 159
01-03-2012, 05:39 PM
So, has anyone heard an update on releases for season 6? Back in the day when they still had "Ask Cryptic" it was said that we could expect the Jupiter and the Typhoon for the release of season 6.

Can we still hold this true or is anything that was said prior to the F2P announcement null and void?

I hope we'll get an answer soon, I'd really hate to battle for the Jupiter's recognition a second time...

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 160
01-04-2012, 04:46 AM
keep on dreaming, cryptic would NOT let the fed have a carrier!