Lt. Commander
# 261
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence1311
No offence but why are you adding fighters. There is a reason why the Caitian Atrox Carrier is there.
We've wanted the Jupiter to be a carrier for FAR LONGER than the Atrox has ever been imagined. It's a two way street though. We've got builds for true Dreadnought Jupiters, Carrier Jupiters, Flight deck Jupiters, etc. Take a look around, there are many pages of discussion here and even more in the first Jupiter forums (found in my signature, first link).

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 262
06-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence1311
No offence but why are you adding fighters. There is a reason why the Caitian Atrox Carrier is there.
No, actually, there is a reason a Federation Carrier is there.

There is very little reason for it to have been the Atrox, however.

-J
Lt. Commander
# 263
06-13-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm still hoping the Jupiter will be a Extremely heavy duty Tier 6 Battleship, you know a "True Dreadnought"
Lt. Commander
# 264
06-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
I'm still hoping the Jupiter will be a Extremely heavy duty Tier 6 Battleship, you know a "True Dreadnought"
You know Snipe, I could go both ways... When I first started the Jupiter threads, I was actually fully against the Jupiter being a carrier. To me it had to have a minimum of 8 weapons and it had to have massive hull with an outrageous crew compliment. I wanted it to have some type of special ability that could increase it's survivability and boost damage potential at the same time!

Then I rolled up my Gorn Engineer and found out what all the fuss was about for carriers. After I played with the Vo'Quv for a few minutes I knew I wanted the Jupiter to be a carrier. Carriers are my favorite type of ship to play now, I can't imagine NOT playing one... However I still harken back to the days of my want of a DREADNOUGHT Jupiter and yern for that as well.

So what could be done to make the Jupiter a true dreadnought? Side weapons. 2 weapons fore and aft, 2 weapons port and starboard. Allow them to mount cannons and there you go. Dreadnought. Fire off a Gravity well, come up along side and open up with the side weapons and fore and aft weapons (depending on the outfitting, I'd have at least 2 beams for the broadside).

One can dream...
-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 265
06-14-2012, 06:59 AM
and the side weapons can be dual cannons too, I'd hope.
Lt. Commander
# 266
06-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
and the side weapons can be dual cannons too, I'd hope.
Heck, why stop there! It's a dreadnought, let it equip dual heavies!
Lt. Commander
# 267
06-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
So what could be done to make the Jupiter a true dreadnought? Side weapons. 2 weapons fore and aft, 2 weapons port and starboard. Allow them to mount cannons and there you go. Dreadnought. Fire off a Gravity well, come up along side and open up with the side weapons and fore and aft weapons (depending on the outfitting, I'd have at least 2 beams for the broadside).
-Quiiliitiila
That's actually a really good idea for introducing a "new" style of ship, one where the broadside is quite literally a broadsiding of firepower. Few could argue balance issues as the way you're suggesting it those cannons wouldn't be firing in any direction but at the side, so coming at it from any direction would yield similar results. Worst-case scenario it just gets fitted with beam banks, and then what's the difference between any other cruiser?

I find that to be an interesting proposition. Also changes up the whole turn-radius issue if you specialize in just having cannons to face an enemy; now you always do, but have fewer while lasting a lot longer.

-J
Lt. Commander
# 268
06-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
That's actually a really good idea for introducing a "new" style of ship, one where the broadside is quite literally a broadsiding of firepower. Few could argue balance issues as the way you're suggesting it those cannons wouldn't be firing in any direction but at the side, so coming at it from any direction would yield similar results. Worst-case scenario it just gets fitted with beam banks, and then what's the difference between any other cruiser?

I find that to be an interesting proposition. Also changes up the whole turn-radius issue if you specialize in just having cannons to face an enemy; now you always do, but have fewer while lasting a lot longer.

-J
Yes! I'm definitely liking this idea here, and since it will most likely be a T6 ship these options are not overpowered .
Lt. Commander
# 269
06-18-2012, 02:39 PM
I think a while back I was *****ing about this thread.

I take it back.

Would be cool to fight this ship.

I could see it being a massive ship, slow as heck, maybe a 9th weapon slot.. 10 consoles, but 5 of them ENG

Huge Hull, but no huge shields.

And sure, in light of the new carrier.. give it 2 launch bays, shield repair drones, and hull repair drones.

Again, would be a cool battle.
Lt. Commander
# 270
06-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
I think a while back I was *****ing about this thread.

I take it back.

Would be cool to fight this ship.

I could see it being a massive ship, slow as heck, maybe a 9th weapon slot.. 10 consoles, but 5 of them ENG

Huge Hull, but no huge shields.

And sure, in light of the new carrier.. give it 2 launch bays, shield repair drones, and hull repair drones.

Again, would be a cool battle.
Well that's the spirit!

What do you think about the idea of side weapons? We discussed it a few posts up ^, what if the Jupiter had 2 fore and aft weapon slots as well as 2 port and starboard weapons? Also, allow it to equip dual heavy cannons on the side slots and torps. That would make for a COOL battle

Imagine, a broadside with some cannons and torps! It'd also be cool if Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well could be launched from the side as well... But that's a bit much.

Of corse as you said, MASSIVE hull would be nice. I'd like to say 50k, but since the Vo'Quv's been kinda shafted lately, so I'd just say give it the same hull as the good ol Vo'Quv (~42k).

Yup, that'd be a dreadnought!