Rihannsu
# 331
10-31-2012, 06:17 PM
/bump.

Also with the release of the Vesta Pack, it gets me wondering about the T6 ships due out in the next few months and what the Jupiter's ultimate fate will be.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Career Officer
# 332
11-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Also with the release of the Vesta Pack, it gets me wondering about the T6 ships due out in the next few months and what the Jupiter's ultimate fate will be.
Yeah, take a look at the vesta and the stats someone will have after buying all 3 for the consoles. Then tell me the Jupiter would be overpowered with a ton of hull and side weapons...

/sigh
You are right Snipe, with the impending release of the super Vesta, I do wonder what the fate of the Jupiter would be. I'd easily cough up 5,000 zen for it... but apparently they don't want my money

Yeah, I'm back on the side weapon kick! It's be sick if the Jupiter had side weapons... 2/2/2/2 or 1/3/3/1? (Front/side/side/back) Or possibly no front/back and 4/4 just side?

It'd be nice,
-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Rihannsu
# 333
11-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Well I can see instead of Hangers on the Jupiter the aforementioned Side weapon slots.

Possibly since it is a Tier 6 ship 4 Forward 4 Aft 1 on each side. or if that somehow breaks the Balance? of the game you could go 4 Fore/2 AFt/2 Side. with at least 10 Consoles in a 4Tac-4Eng-2Sci layout.

In fact thinking of a Klingon Counter to this ship, I was thinking of a 3 hanger Carrier for the KDF, since that would more fit there style. As Always Feds get Major Cruisers while Klingons Get Big 'Ol Carriers.

Career Officer
# 334
11-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Well I can see instead of Hangers on the Jupiter the aforementioned Side weapon slots.

Possibly since it is a Tier 6 ship 4 Forward 4 Aft 1 on each side. or if that somehow breaks the Balance? of the game you could go 4 Fore/2 AFt/2 Side. with at least 10 Consoles in a 4Tac-4Eng-2Sci layout.

In fact thinking of a Klingon Counter to this ship, I was thinking of a 3 hanger Carrier for the KDF, since that would more fit there style. As Always Feds get Major Cruisers while Klingons Get Big 'Ol Carriers.
So, Snipe, what would your perfect Jupiter be? What would you like to see the ship released as? What abilities? What weapon slots?

Me? I'd like to see a 2/2/2/2 dreadnought carrier with 2 hanger bays. Gimme LT Comm tac, Comm Eng, lt comm sci and Lt eng.

Yeah, possibly OP, but it'd be fun

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Rihannsu
# 335
11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiiliitiila View Post
So, Snipe, what would your perfect Jupiter be? What would you like to see the ship released as? What abilities? What weapon slots?

Me? I'd like to see a 2/2/2/2 dreadnought carrier with 2 hanger bays. Gimme LT Comm tac, Comm Eng, lt comm sci and Lt eng.

Yeah, possibly OP, but it'd be fun

-Quiiliitiila
My Ideal? Hm..... I'd like to see a 4/4/1/1 Dreadnought Battleship with 4 Engineering, 2 Science, and 4 Tactical Consoles.

And for Boff Layout? Cmdr Eng, Lt. Cmdr Universal, Lt. Universal, Lt. Eng, Lt. Tac

Not Op by today's standards But it'd still be fun Decimate Borg with.

Rihannsu
# 336
11-05-2012, 03:27 PM
/Das Bump

Right now I have one wish for this thread, I'd love one of our Devs to pop in here and just tell us if our Beloved flying Brick is even on the table.

That's all I want, That and the ship

Ensign
# 337
11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I hope this happens some day. The Jupiter would make a perfect fed carrier.

Not sure about stats but a engineering focus would be nice. Maybe pure carrier with nothing but fighters and point defence.
Admiralty Command - Take charge of your own fleet:

http://http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6420471#post6420471

Gameplay proposal
Rihannsu
# 338
11-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retibeert View Post

Not sure about stats but a engineering focus would be nice. Maybe pure carrier with nothing but fighters and point defence.

I'm not a fan of the carrier idea.

Either way I just want the ship to get implemented some time, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Career Officer
# 339
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retibeert View Post

I am a fan of the carrier idea, but as Snipe said... I don't care at this point what they make it. As long as it's VA+ and can hold it's own in an Elite STF.

-Quiiliitiila
Rihannsu
# 340
11-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiiliitiila View Post
I am a fan of the carrier idea, but as Snipe said... I don't care at this point what they make it. As long as it's VA+ and can hold it's own in an Elite STF.

-Quiiliitiila
Exactly, I want to use a Jupiter to fly right up to a Tactical cubes face and 1v1 it screaming "YOU WANT PRAY GAME?!"