Captain
# 441
08-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Considering that the Jupiter is a Dreadnought class npc ship (4 bars) and the Typhoon is a dreadnought according to the devs, but has only 3 bars, then if we ever get them, they will be Tier 6 ships and seriously redone. These ships will have a similar makeover to what the Scimitar had to go through to make it a playable ship from an npc ship. So it is entirely possible that the things that players love about the Typhoon and Jupiter in terms of looks will be removed for the sake of playability.
Ensign
they would have to make Jupiter a lobi store ship equal to or greater than the JHDC to make money off of it (common guys you know the Jupiter is going to be a carrier ) which means it would be part of the Temporal lock box Mirror universe ship/ with a EMP -2000 shields and -50 power to aux engine shields and weapons for you complete shut down of all enemy systems for 3 seconds and -100 to engines shields weapons with in 10 km for and you KLINKS dont get your panties in a bunch we went how many seasons without a carrier??????

(in addition this is completely optional.....but another carrier pet type for this wouldnt hurt you could even have it as a lock box prize with a command console that boost its draining capabilities Tyken rift)

the typhoon class will be a sci versed Lock box Grand prize crusier it would have a console on it that causes a MASSIVE gravity well that does greater than or equal to GW III in addition to having AOE gravitational storm damage to shields (say -800 per 2 sec for 10 with a 3m cooldown) in addition to -50 to aux systems to you

combination of consoles will negate debuffs to you for using the abilities in addition to having "Ship of the Line" passive ability (+100 to threat generation +30 to BOFF abilities)

lastly a new weapon type since your into new weapon types with new lock box...phased antiproton..... or negative antiproton weapons (black/dark blue beams/cannons) with 20%crit proc and when crit happens+ DOT plasma/fire damage COME ON I KNOW YOU WANT IT

actually now that i think of it....if not fed make these ICONIAN SHIPS!!!!!! WITH ICONIAN CONTENT
Captain
# 443
08-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I'd be happy if they made the Typhoon the alternate skin for the tac Oddy, they are about the same size with the Oddy only been longer due to the nacelles.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 444
08-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthoridian View Post
they would have to make Jupiter a lobi store ship equal to or greater than the JHDC to make money off of it (common guys you know the Jupiter is going to be a carrier ) which means it would be part of the Temporal lock box Mirror universe ship/ with a EMP -2000 shields and -50 power to aux engine shields and weapons for you complete shut down of all enemy systems for 3 seconds and -100 to engines shields weapons with in 10 km for and you KLINKS dont get your panties in a bunch we went how many seasons without a carrier??????

(in addition this is completely optional.....but another carrier pet type for this wouldnt hurt you could even have it as a lock box prize with a command console that boost its draining capabilities Tyken rift)

the typhoon class will be a sci versed Lock box Grand prize crusier it would have a console on it that causes a MASSIVE gravity well that does greater than or equal to GW III in addition to having AOE gravitational storm damage to shields (say -800 per 2 sec for 10 with a 3m cooldown) in addition to -50 to aux systems to you

combination of consoles will negate debuffs to you for using the abilities in addition to having "Ship of the Line" passive ability (+100 to threat generation +30 to BOFF abilities)

lastly a new weapon type since your into new weapon types with new lock box...phased antiproton..... or negative antiproton weapons (black/dark blue beams/cannons) with 20%crit proc and when crit happens+ DOT plasma/fire damage COME ON I KNOW YOU WANT IT

actually now that i think of it....if not fed make these ICONIAN SHIPS!!!!!! WITH ICONIAN CONTENT
The problem with that is that it goes completely against everything a lockbox stands for. Lockbox/Lobi ships are to give the players ships that they have no right to pilot. If it makes sense for a ship to belong to a specific faction, then it is a C-Store ship or very rarely for free, but if it doesn't make sense for a ship to belong to a specific faction, then it is a lockbox ship. Cryptic has been very good at keeping this ideal so far.
Ensign
# 445
08-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The problem with that is that it goes completely against everything a lockbox stands for. Lockbox/Lobi ships are to give the players ships that they have no right to pilot. If it makes sense for a ship to belong to a specific faction, then it is a C-Store ship or very rarely for free, but if it doesn't make sense for a ship to belong to a specific faction, then it is a lockbox ship. Cryptic has been very good at keeping this ideal so far.
make them mirror ships and lockbox because they'll make more money off of it and we all know thats the only way these OP ships will be in the game. its a simple solution so that not all the fed players will be roming with Jupiter and typhoon class ships all day long. or just make them fleet specific T5 ships.
Ensign
Welp, here we are, almost to season 8. Still no fleet admiral ranks. Still no playable typhoon or Jupiter class playable ships. darn it.
Lt. Commander
# 447
10-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I'd be happy if they made the Typhoon the alternate skin for the tac Oddy, they are about the same size with the Oddy only been longer due to the nacelles.
Very interesting thought. Typhoon skin for the Oddy.

But... what about the Aquarius? Or maybe an alternate skin so that thing still exists...
Captain
# 448
10-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboundinferno View Post
Very interesting thought. Typhoon skin for the Oddy.

But... what about the Aquarius? Or maybe an alternate skin so that thing still exists...
Something a little chunkier maybe.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
Commander
# 449
10-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Has anyone heard of the USS Montana (NCC-86431)?

That was apparently a Jupiter-Class starship created. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a larger Sovereign class starship with a bulkier engineering hull and a second set of dual nacelles. And it does not look anything like Crypitcs at all.

http://images.wikia.com/memory-gamma...tana_index.jpg

"Look at me I'm a target!"
"Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
"How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
Captain
# 450
10-23-2013, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaisuke15 View Post
Has anyone heard of the USS Montana (NCC-86431)?

That was apparently a Jupiter-Class starship created. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a larger Sovereign class starship with a bulkier engineering hull and a second set of dual nacelles. And it does not look anything like Crypitcs at all.

http://images.wikia.com/memory-gamma...tana_index.jpg
Memory Gamma is the ST fanfiction / fan art wikia. I'd still take Cryptic's Jupiter over that.