Lt. Commander
# 51
07-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
I absolutely love the jupiter. First time I saw it I was like "My god, thats the most ugly mutated flying fish-ship thing I have ever seen!"

And then I started to realize it was so ugly that it was beautiful. Now I think its the most awesome looking ship in the game.
Thank you! :^D
I find that it's the only ship I want to fly nowadays... That's why I made the Jupiter forums and gathered support, rallying for the implementation of it as a playable ship. Now with the semi confirmation from Cryptic saying it may become playable, I want to increase the fan base to send a bigger message to the Devs. There is demand for the Jupiter, and hopefully it will become playable soon.

Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 52
07-18-2011, 05:04 PM
I think giving it a selection from the assault cruiser or star cruiser lineup will fix most f the Jupiter's problems. Many of those nacelles would give the jupiter a good look, as long as they're scaled properly.
Lt. Commander
# 53
07-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
I think giving it a selection from the assault cruiser or star cruiser lineup will fix most f the Jupiter's problems. Many of those nacelles would give the jupiter a good look, as long as they're scaled properly.
Hmmm, good suggestion. I was looking over those ships and I like the nacelles of the Imperial.
HERE IS A PICTURE

They have a future-ish look to them that goes well with the rest of the Jupiter's uncharacteristic design. Now all we need to do is enlarge them to scale with the Jupiter and move them closer to it's hull instead of where they are now (on long skinnyish stilts).

Thoughts?
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 54
07-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix32 View Post
Jupiter class is an abomination. End of story.
This. Plus, two words: Target practice.
Lt. Commander
# 55
07-19-2011, 03:33 AM
Mmm I agree the Imperial nacelles would suit nicely but the pylon area is just a shambles, maybe the rear hull section from the T3 heavy cruiser (Stargazer) scalled up would work.

The Jupiter and Typhoon both have their place in STO the Typhoon is the majesic flagship for showing the flag and the Jupiter is there to warp in and let fly a massive broadside whilst extending its powerfull sheilds around your vessel.

I'd like to see both vessels become playable ships. With the right BO mix they'd be a welcome sight in any fleet action or STF.

Vice Admiral Jasen Saint Michael
USS Hawkei (Imperial Class Assault Cruiser)
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysystems
Mmm I agree the Imperial nacelles would suit nicely but the pylon area is just a shambles, maybe the rear hull section from the T3 heavy cruiser (Stargazer) scalled up would work.

The Jupiter and Typhoon both have their place in STO the Typhoon is the majesic flagship for showing the flag and the Jupiter is there to warp in and let fly a massive broadside whilst extending its powerfull sheilds around your vessel.

I'd like to see both vessels become playable ships. With the right BO mix they'd be a welcome sight in any fleet action or STF.

Vice Admiral Jasen Saint Michael
USS Hawkei (Imperial Class Assault Cruiser)
You mean THIS?

It's a good idea, though I'm having trouble picturing it. I think instead of "adding" the back section (scaled properly of course) to the Jupiter, we could instead take bits and pieces of it.

So take a look at THIS and picture it with the nacelles of the Imperial (only beefier). Then picture the pylons are scaled larger and moved closer to the hull like the Stargazer.

Eah?
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 57
07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
The Jupiter vessel is one of the few ships where, at best, I could not care less if players had it or not. So long as it's balanced, that is.
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-19-2011, 02:56 PM
The secondary hull needs a ton of work before this can be called a starship....

The Jupiter in her current form is despicable, but I can see a lot of potential in her design. Change and tweak a few things here and there, update the secondary hull and new nacelles and pylons and she will be a beauty.
Lt. Commander
# 59
07-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion1701 View Post
The secondary hull needs a ton of work before this can be called a starship....

The Jupiter in her current form is despicable, but I can see a lot of potential in her design. Change and tweak a few things here and there, update the secondary hull and new nacelles and pylons and she will be a beauty.
What do you mean by the secondary hull? Also (because I lave a good conversation) what changes would you suggest?

I for one think the lower portion of the ship (secondary hull?) could be a bit larger to match the "saucer" or topmost portion of the ship.

Thoughts?
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 60
07-22-2011, 07:52 AM
About the Jupiter's nacelles and Pylons. Set them at angles to the sides, enlarge the nacelles and shorten the pylons. That would be a lot better looking, right off the bat.