Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I would just like the option to be able to use more images in my logo than two. I have an image in my head of what I'd ultimately like my fleet logo to be, but it's just impossbile without another layer or two. Allowing us to use 3-5 images in our logo would be incredibly helpful.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Something long term that would be nice is the ability for a fleets leader to upload a small png file which can act as said logo. Something small in the fifty kb range, perhaps, no more resource intensive than a forum avatar in terms of space.

This, I imagine would be hella long range at best, like season 7 type stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
*sees the fleet march in* Guys, before this becomes a spammy post ("Me, too!" or "/signed") I'd like to quickly point something out:

I am sure each and every fleet would like 'their' fleet emblem in the game. The Pegasus Fleet want a Pegasus. The Wild Tomatoes want a Tomato bush (and a tomato plant for the PvP group, please) and the Hot sauce Desperados want to have a bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Please do keep in mind however that we have a few generic fleet symbols which we share between fleets. Requesting custom ones would eat up a lot more time than actually enhance game play. Also: Your fleet symbol would not be unique for YOUR fleet. Nothing would stop another fleet from copying you with the use of the same symbol - so the more custom it is, the easier others will have it when trying to annoy you in the game.

Right now, we have no plans to make custom fleet icons.
Simple solution. Allow more layers to a patch. WE ahve basic shapes now. If we had more layer options we could create what we are wanting as opposed to having to wait for you guys to add the symbol into the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
*sees the fleet march in* Guys, before this becomes a spammy post ("Me, too!" or "/signed") I'd like to quickly point something out:

I am sure each and every fleet would like 'their' fleet emblem in the game. The Pegasus Fleet want a Pegasus. The Wild Tomatoes want a Tomato bush (and a tomato plant for the PvP group, please) and the Hot sauce Desperados want to have a bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Please do keep in mind however that we have a few generic fleet symbols which we share between fleets. Requesting custom ones would eat up a lot more time than actually enhance game play. Also: Your fleet symbol would not be unique for YOUR fleet. Nothing would stop another fleet from copying you with the use of the same symbol - so the more custom it is, the easier others will have it when trying to annoy you in the game.

Right now, we have no plans to make custom fleet icons.
I think you should fix the problems that already exist with in the Fleet Emblem creation tool. Images not being centred, colours getting messed up when the emblem is shown on ships. I also think you should put in the missing lower case Greek letters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-14-2011, 01:41 PM
I personally would like a couple more layers, some more basic shapes and the ability to warp/stretch them into customized shapes.
With the additional ability to report an offensive emblem I think we could have plenty of customizing for just a little overhead.
If this were a spammy I vote thread, that would be my vote.

Good thing it isn't
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
One idea, might be to (somewhere down the line), add a "Fleet Icon Creator" to the game, so that Fleet Officers can design their own icon? Possibly with rudimentary "paint" tools?

Would solve the issue of taking time away from the developers, when every "Tom, **** and Harry" wants their own Fleet icon. Instead, adding a Fleet Icon Creator, "Tom, **** and Harry" can design the icons themselves
This is an interesting idea, but you would run into someone making an inappropriate emblem. If everyone were able to be responsible people I think it would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khannnnn
I would just like the option to be able to use more images in my logo than two. I have an image in my head of what I'd ultimately like my fleet logo to be, but it's just impossbile without another layer or two. Allowing us to use 3-5 images in our logo would be incredibly helpful.
More layer would allow me to make a better fleet emblem with out the devs adding more images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
Simple solution. Allow more layers to a patch. WE ahve basic shapes now. If we had more layer options we could create what we are wanting as opposed to having to wait for you guys to add the symbol into the game.
I agree.

WishStone, it does not hurt to ask. Yes, you guys can say no or not possible. It also does not hurt to see whether the community agrees or see a better option. I also purposely put in a question at the end to see if the community can come up with a better idea then what I had and they did. I would suggest that any GM should not assume a thread is going one way or the other until it does because it can make a community feel like the moderators/devs do not respect them and I hope you are aware of the old saying of when you assume.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.