Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spond View Post
So, for those who have completed KA post season 4 I have a couple of questions:

1) how long did it take?

2) How difficult was the experience?

I just want to know so I can set asside the appropriate time.

Thanks,
I did KA Rear Admiral yesterday.

1. about 3-4 hours.

2. 1st space part is a pain in the neck. Most teams quit when they fail it. The ground is the funnest part. Be sure to avoid destroying the 2nd machine until after you all get the accolade. I explained to the team how we get the accolade and an impatient teammate blew it up because he was sick of how long KA was taking. Donatra still has the follow bug after you blow up the probes. Aforementioned teammate spent entire Donatra fight in Vega orbit asking if she was dead yet. I eventually told him to shut up.

From my experience KA didn't change that much.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2011, 04:36 AM
KA is doable and FUN !

If you have a fleet that fails

#1 - Find experienced team, join it, and be their "5th wheel"
#2 - Learn as you play the mission. Ask "Why we do that?" if u dont get it.
#3 - Finish mission with nice hints and things to remember in KA
#4 - Take your experience to fleet, and start telling people how to ....

Don't think u can run through with pugs, if you've never done it before.
This strategy only makes people complain MORE on STF's, and they are PERFECTLY FINE

If you have no luck, i'll be happy to help you, once online & available.
Msg me ingame @Thiil
i'll set you up with a team that knows

Otherwise - best of luck doing STF's and i hope you find people to have a fun experience with (it's not all xp & rewards you know )
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:

1) how long did it take?

Thanks,
Using 4-1 strat with time keeper and cube kite on second gate 12 min first space phase. Second past space no time limit but teams don't usually rush it say 10 min. intro ground 2 min. Ground clear bottom up 10 min. 6 min to get gens down. Less then 10 to ground mini boss and exit ground. Up to 30 min final space boss depending on group. Quicker if you can get a cruiser head on to lock boss in place longer, to get thru the phases quicker. No real difficult changes with S4.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-15-2011, 09:55 AM
You can handle the first space part with pure dps, but I have always found that bringing a Sci ship with GW III for at least one (if not both) of the gates makes wiping out the probes a breeze. Warning: It makes the Spheres more than a little angry.

Cain Guillotine, Jade Empire
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:

1) how long did it take?

Thanks,
1) Around 90 minutes

2) KA is now the easiest STF of the 3 cause there is no real ground boss fight.

The first space part is still the same. There are some weird ship setups around and people who are running on defense with high shield power, do not focus fire, do not listen at all and such stuff so still quite a few teams seem to fail here.

Ground part: Like all 3 STFs it does not require any kind of tactics any longer, just brute force. You don't have any nodes and with your weapons you will have higher ranges than the enemies. The Borg are moving like zombies (the old slow ones, not the new fast ones) and if you do it right, jumping from cover to cover and shoot they get literally not a single shot out at you. It's just not funny anymore. Like already stated, KA doesn't have a real boss ground fight, which makes it the easiest of the 3 STFs.

Second space part: Basically the same but Donatra doesn't use her Thalaron weapon any longer, so there is no real threat except an unlucky critical hit. Like already mentioned, without her Thalaron weapon the time she is uncloaked is shorter and since there is no way to decloak her anymore it is even more boring than before.

That being said, it's probably the best chance to get your Borg BO without any difficulties, so have fun