Lt. Commander
This could have turned out better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVtCMgeecxc
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2011, 03:02 PM
The one I hate is going up against A Dahar Master and a Swordmaster at the same time
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
The one I hate is going up against A Dahar Master and a Swordmaster at the same time
Can't be any worse than going up a Commander Engineer and Combat Medic at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Can't be any worse than going up a Commander Engineer and Combat Medic at the same time.
Actually, that's just plain frustrating... the swordmaster/Dahar Master is more of a faceroll....
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2011, 08:08 PM
There not nearly as bad when you take ground traits. That Lt in the video with Acute Senses, Aggressive and solider with telekinetic. Literally does damage as much as the RA admiral with badge epics he is replacing. I was playing DS9 under siege the Admiral yesterday and the Lieutenant hits just as hard.

When the game launched I made tactical ground and space characters. I could do just as well in space PVP with the ground spec'ed character. I really couldn't tell much of a difference in space but I could on the ground. So I abandoned my space trait characters.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
This could have turned out better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVtCMgeecxc
The funny thing is that there are all those crates right behind the character.... Climbing on one of those would have caused the klingon to stand there and glare from a distance when he couldn't go hand to hand. When no crates are handy to stand on, gravimetric shift & weapons malfunction are a good combination to use on them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
The funny thing is that there are all those crates right behind the character.... Climbing on one of those would have caused the klingon to stand there and glare from a distance when he couldn't go hand to hand. When no crates are handy to stand on, gravimetric shift & weapons malfunction are a good combination to use on them.
Yeah, I don't know what I was doing. I just zoned out, I got completely fixated on rifle butt for some reason. I really think that was the first time I died at lieutenant since open beta, that was on normal too. That's why I thought it was funny. I usually play on elite but I haven't played in awhile. So I was trying to get back into the feel of the game again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Another thing you can do is click on the Swordmaster before you engage in combat (stay far enough away so that they don't initiate combat) and click the little crosshairs in the tool bar above your BOffs. All of your bridge officers will now be targeting the Swordmaster, which brings all their firepower on the son of a gun (if they're set on Aggressive Mode, they'll pretty much attack immediately). This leaves you free to chose to attack the Swordmaster or any of his smaller targets - or at least get into position so you can attack him from a safe distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort
Thanks for the advice there, hort. I'll try that next time I go up against those overpowered damage sponges; especially with my Tactical with a sniper rifle.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Another thing you can do is click on the Swordmaster before you engage in combat (stay far enough away so that they don't initiate combat) and click the little crosshairs in the tool bar above your BOffs. All of your bridge officers will now be targeting the Swordmaster, which brings all their firepower on the son of a gun (if they're set on Aggressive Mode, they'll pretty much attack immediately). This leaves you free to chose to attack the Swordmaster or any of his smaller targets - or at least get into position so you can attack him from a safe distance.

Thanks for the advice there, hort. I'll try that next time I go up against those overpowered damage sponges; especially with my Tactical with a sniper rifle.
One way I like to fight them is. To send my away team attack them first. On elite and advanced they don't kill your bridge officers nearly as fast as they can kill you. I was pulling him into the bottle neck in the video. I dropped him as my target by mistake running back to it. I was late with getting my officers to attack him. He could have a lot less health when he got to me.

Wait a few seconds then hit weapons hit them with your special attack from behind. After you get aggro use weapon malfunction when they are about to use bolt spray, then the engineer hold when they are coming at you. Or suppressing firs if you are tactical keeping them facing away from your bridge crew. So they getting flanking bonuses on them. Pulling them trough mine barrier will keep them off you also. Knock them down with rifle butt will also stop their DPS for a second or two. Just don't use it as your only attack like the video.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2011, 05:29 AM
I don't think Weapons Malfunction works on melee weapons, though, which is, for me anyway, what does the most damage. It will protect you from those sheild draining dual disruptor pistols, though.