Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Caitian and how it works
06-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Question is simple. How will buying BOffs from the store work? Will we get to pick the sex and department or are they going to be fixed like the borg BOff? Will they be fully customizable like regular BOffs or will they be crippiling limited like the Reman and Breen BOff? They go on sale near the end of the week, these are some things I hope has been ironed out... and if they have been, could it please be shared?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Well I do not know about the new BOs, but for the Borg BO you can change the following:

Name
Skin
Hair
Uniform
(...) all of that
Skills

You CANNOT change:
Gender
Carreer (the Borg is an Engineer)
Race (she is human)


So the way I see it, the new BOs will work the same way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-13-2011, 10:12 AM
It always bothered me that the only playable Borg are Faction based. Humans or Klingons. Hopefully they fix this as they get into more Boff species in the C-store.


I AM curious to see how this works as well. Does any one know WHEN we will be getting the Doff System?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
It always bothered me that the only playable Borg are Faction based. Humans or Klingons. Hopefully they fix this as they get into more Boff species in the C-store.


I AM curious to see how this works as well. Does any one know WHEN we will be getting the Doff System?
Season 4 (slated for live july 7th)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Question is simple. How will buying BOffs from the store work? Will we get to pick the sex and department or are they going to be fixed like the borg BOff? Will they be fully customizable like regular BOffs or will they be crippiling limited like the Reman and Breen BOff? They go on sale near the end of the week, these are some things I hope has been ironed out... and if they have been, could it please be shared?
The last I knew, Cryptic hadn't shared any information on this subject. We may not get any information on the new BOFFs until the patch notes go up later this week.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
The last I knew, Cryptic hadn't shared any information on this subject. We may not get any information on the new BOFFs until the patch notes go up later this week.
My guess is that it will work similar to the diplomatic exchange officer, you buy a token, and then go and choose your Caitian/Aenar Boff. Unfortunately that would probably mean youŽll get one Boff at a time on one character at a time.

Unless they handle those Boffs like the Borg Boff, but then your choice would be fairly limited. I donŽt think they would put six versions of each species into the store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
My guess is that it will work similar to the diplomatic exchange officer, you buy a token, and then go and choose your Caitian/Aenar Boff. Unfortunately that would probably mean youŽll get one Boff at a time on one character at a time.

Unless they handle those Boffs like the Borg Boff, but then your choice would be fairly limited. I donŽt think they would put six versions of each species into the store.
That is a very good thought for how it could work. It will be interesting to see how this will be implemented.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Hence the whole reason I made the initial post, to ask how. It makes no sense to have 6 versions of each race up there, especially when you consider that they are planning to release more races via the store. I hadn't thought about the dip officer, mostly due to me not getting one. I don't really want a nausican or a gorn, I'd get an orion but, really, not that much. I'm waiting for the romulan facation, then I'll get me a rommy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Season 4 (slated for live july 7th)
no promises from cryptic the catian BOs will be rewards then, and since they want people to buy from the c--store it'll probibly be a few weeks after season 4
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Another question I thought of is when you buy them, will it be for all accounts or just the character buying it. One would hope Cryptic has learned that people don't like purchases that are limited to a single character.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.