Lt. Commander
# 1 Re-Arrange Hud option
06-12-2011, 09:55 PM
This feature is terrible. Instead of showing green outlined boxes of the bars, can't we see them as they actually appear on our play-screen?

I constantly need to make back-and-forth changes between menus to get this how I want it. UI polish needed....
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-12-2011, 09:57 PM
The space UI is pretty terrible. The ground UI doesn't bother me so much, but the space UI is functional at best. I do think dstahl said they were doing at least a minor UI revamp with the season 4 launch. Hopefully it will help alleviate some of the problems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2011, 12:07 AM
/signed

I also would love to see the ability to resize UI elements independently!

Some elements I want to make smaller, but making one element smaller means making everything smaller. This should be corrected.

We should be able to make one element HUGE and another element tiny.

If the devs need a frame of reference on how this has been done successfully, go take a look at the UI resizing on Rift: Planes of Telara. That game does so many things right.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2011, 05:22 AM
I just started tryin to rearrange again after 5 months. I am trying to go back to the veiw with the BOs showing but i am loosing some of my abilities.

I dont want to derail this thread but I too have issues with the UI and the abilities tray. And with some of the keybinding associated with the tray. Is there a thread going for this discussion?

-thanks, Trit
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2011, 07:00 AM
For the Space UI nothing but an LCARS interface is worthy. ;(
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron72003 View Post
I just started tryin to rearrange again after 5 months. I am trying to go back to the veiw with the BOs showing but i am loosing some of my abilities.

I dont want to derail this thread but I too have issues with the UI and the abilities tray. And with some of the keybinding associated with the tray. Is there a thread going for this discussion?

-thanks, Trit
One of the changes being made to the UI is the ability to show the BO's AND 3 tiers of power bars. Currently you can either show the BO's and 2 rows of powers or 3 rows of powers and no BO's. With 3 rows plus BO's there should be plenty of room then for all the powers even at VA and beyond.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Tip to make it a little less time consuming: F12 quickly toggles the HUD layout editor on & off.

I'd also love to see independantly scaling UI elements make its way to the editor at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Tip to make it a little less time consuming: F12 quickly toggles the HUD layout editor on & off.

I'd also love to see independantly scaling UI elements make its way to the editor at some point.
IIRC - I think there was mention in the Engy Reports of changes to the UI to enable scaling of individual sub-windows. This was in the S4 build going to Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Is THIS gets the job done?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2011, 09:15 AM
</GenJailUnlock 1> will unlock the hud to move it around in live space
</GenJailUnlock 0> to lock it back

type these into chat bar and voila! Its so easy. for more great tips, consult the master keybinder tranceaddict at his tread Keybinds for Dummies

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=192243