Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
This has been an ongoing issue and threads regarding the problem in the past have been deleted. I am asking that Cryptic please acknowledge that they know the problem exists.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=203786
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2011, 03:42 PM
umm more then likly if the threads are being delted they know about it and are trying to find a fix for it. Asking for a Dev to comment on every problem that pops up seem kinda of dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpeter83 View Post
umm more then likly if the threads are being delted they know about it and are trying to find a fix for it. Asking for a Dev to comment on every problem that pops up seem kinda of dumb.
This problem is older than dirt... it's nothing new. Check the dates on that thread link. That's from February and still hasn't gotten a dev response. Find one place where Cryptic even acknowledges it exists or that they're working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2011, 03:55 PM
just cause they don't respond doesn't mean they haven't acknowledged it. They can't possibly post in every thread. Kinda like the ATI issue, however that eventually got a response
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
just cause they don't respond doesn't mean they haven't acknowledged it. They can't possibly post in every thread. Kinda like the ATI issue, however that eventually got a response
This.

The devs (specifically programmers) know there are issues with dynamic lighting on newer ATI and Nvidia cards (57xx,58xx,4xx, 5xx). SuperCrypticDave has already started working with the ATI users on it. No word on when things will start with Nvidia users.

That said, I'm upgrading my card since my wattage was fine but my amps weren't.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2011, 04:05 PM
What about the issues with the wireless internet connections being so ineffective while playing this game? Whats with the game causing my CPU to run at 100%? So many issues with the way this game runs on computers its maddening. I can go run WAR, ***, Crysis and all kinds of stuff, max graphics with no issues but this game...it just doesnt work right. Yeah, I could fix some of these issues but I would be gimping myself..so whats the point in even playing then.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
What about the issues with the wireless internet connections being so ineffective while playing this game? Whats with the game causing my CPU to run at 100%? So many issues with the way this game runs on computers its maddening. I can go run WAR, ***, Crysis and all kinds of stuff, max graphics with no issues but this game...it just doesnt work right. Yeah, I could fix some of these issues but I would be gimping myself..so whats the point in even playing then.
Wireless internet connections work fine o_O. I've used my 3g, 4g and such and was able to play STO (granted a little laggy on 3g depending on where i was).
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Non-techies complaining about a game? Whodathunkit? ;(

OP - Have you tried a complete uninstall of everything nVidia, rebooted, cancel the automatic install of drivers, followed by a pass of DriverCleaner to clean up the nVidia leftovers, reboot, then a complete clean install of nVidia drivers?

Mr I-don't-want-to-gimp-myself-with-using-a-wire-to-fix-my-problem - perhaps you should be learning how to turn off all the other network traffic going between your machine and your router(like your torrents and such) instead of complaining to Cryptic about it's game. Maybe even make a run of MalwareBytes or Spybot to find all the hidden traffic going on in the shadows. Maybe even trying the proxy connection instead of direct to the shard. But, I know, it's easier to complain and get mad on the interwebz.

Seriously, do some checks on your PC and try to remove other possible reasons for issues being experienced.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Whats with the game causing my CPU to run at 100%?
Umm that's normal for ANY calculation intensive app; from games to auto cad drafting programs. Thats npt an error or a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Umm that's normal for ANY calculation intensive app; from games to auto cad drafting programs. Thats npt an error or a bug.
In fact, it's efficient use of your system.
Closed Thread