Captain
# 81
12-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Look at the one on STO wiki, it's up to date.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-09-2014, 07:36 AM
your chart is fine dude. excellent work. i was under the impression defiant was a lil smaller but your comparison lines it up visually right where its supposed to be
an dude i love your sig. turning blue waiting on typhoon though.
Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr
USS Stadi/USS Grendel
Dreadnought Class / Avenger Class Refit
"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."
Lieutenant
# 83
02-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
This is a repost of my Ship Size Comparison Chart, which I originally posted in the Academy forum. While SpiderMitch's Ship Chart is really cool and complete, it doesn't really show the sizes of the various ships against each other. (By intention, he has said, so I'm glad I could fill in that gap) Since we now have a single Federation ship forum, and this might get sticked, I thought I'd repost it.

Federation Ship Size Comparison Chart
Klingon Ship Size Comparison Chart

This is taken from ingame, and all screenshots were taken at a standard distance (I edited a demo) so it should be completely accurate. I added some ship lengths that I researched from Memory Alpha and some other places, and it actually seemed to be pretty accurate. There were some discrepancies, but for the most part I was able to relate length in pixels to meters, which is how I estimated the sizes for those that I could not find listed.

Both a Federation and a Klingon version are included, although I included some Fed ships in the Klingon chart for comparison purposes. The Klingon ships get WAY bigger than the Federation with those carriers, and so their chart is to a smaller scale. (The smallest ships may be a bit harder to see)

Also, just for grins, I've added this chart with the Multi Vector Assault Mode sections, as well as some ships in that range (and the assembled ship) for reference.

Multi Vector Assault Mode Comparison Chart
Also, for more grins, Corrected Shuttle and Defiant Chart

UPDATE LOG:
  • FED 1.6 - Added Odyssey Cruiser.
  • FED 1.5 - Added background grid. Added Class F Shuttle and Peregrine Fighter. Corrected name of Dervish to Hermes and Destiny to Trident. Corrected Hermes nacelles, changing Hermes' estimated size and order in chart. Corrected spelling of Saber.
  • FED 1.4 - Added Oberth
  • MVAM 1.0 - Initial revision, to display Prometheus MVAM sections.
  • FED 1.3 - Changed yellow lighting to blue. (changed to Earth sector for screenshots)
  • KDF 1.0 - Initial revision, including 18 KDF ships, 2 shuttles, 2 fighters (from the carriers) and 6 Fed ships for comparison.
  • FED 1.2 - Reordered ships in strict order of length.
  • FED 1.1 - Removed lens flare. Added Delta Flyer and Tal'Kyr shuttles. Doubled up shuttle section. Corrected Assault Cruiser appearance from Noble to Sovereign, and corrected several canon lengths. Corrected Defiant to Tier 4/5.
  • FED 1.0 - Initial revision, including 23 ships and 3 shuttes. Ships are in order of estimated mass.
It says the Oddy was added to the chart, but I don't see it. Yes, the Star Cruiser is in there, but not the Oddy.
Ensign
# 84 ship maker
03-31-2014, 06:54 AM
in future updates what I would like to see would be a ship design station, where you can design your own ship we can change things like weapons and consoles but only on the ships they provide, it would be great to have a dock where you can design your own ship, more of one type of console than another or if you have more weapons less abilities or console slots or less shield ability, this would even the ships out, and you have to pay dilithium and parts and commodities to build the ships, there is no end of possibilities, on where you can go with this idea.
Captain
# 85
04-14-2014, 03:28 PM
For future considerations.

http://www.shipschematics.net/startr...11_25_2000.php
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers