Lt. Commander
# 31
06-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Out of curiosity: Is this maintenance performed on the hard- or software of the servers?
Are there technicians pouring through source codes or black cables and nodes in a large room full with massive metal grey serverboxes?
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Hmm has anyone else noticed that Tribble is down as well?
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-14-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Next time, please don't shut the servers down early, even if it's just 2 or 3 minutes. We were ****ing on them staying up until noon (German time)! There was the 5 minute warning and 2 minutes later it went down. I was about to switch to the engineer toon and accept the new dailies (which would take 30 seconds, no more) and I already was locked out!

So, PLEASE, either announce it properly for 11:55 or then don't shut them down early.
Afaik I got the maintenance message yesterday already so thats a fairly timed announcement if you ask me :p
Unless you use a German Client which for some reason doesnt show you?

Nice Toon by the way, love it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
I wonder if he/she meant TUESDAY the 14th, or THURSDAY, not the 14th?

Copy/Paste isn't always your friend.

Now watch - he/she will go back and edit the OP and I'll look like a tool.

Edit: Yep, someone came back and fixed the OP. I do look like a tool now. Oh well.
What tool? A monkey wrench?

Lt. Commander
# 35
06-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Next time, please don't shut the servers down early, even if it's just 2 or 3 minutes. We were ****ing on them staying up until noon (German time)! There was the 5 minute warning and 2 minutes later it went down. I was about to switch to the engineer toon and accept the new dailies (which would take 30 seconds, no more) and I already was locked out!

So, PLEASE, either announce it properly for 11:55 or then don't shut them down early.

Seems like you don't play enough STO to understand they announce the servers going down 15 minutes before they do...so maybe get your facts right before you start ranting.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:

Not being rude but when I was on this morning, the server told me as I logged in when they were closing down. Then while playing 30 mins before they did, with massive purple text. If that wasn't enough, guess what 15 mins beforehand again. If you can't manage your game around the times the servers are online, its not really anyones fault but yours.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence89 View Post
I wouldn't call that rude. It was a simple request to reframe from shutting the servers down early. Otherwise, what's the point in announcing the maintenance period - if that's the case Cryptic might as well shut the servers down when the hell they want.

I love start trek online, and frankly I will continue to play until I die.
Exactly, Spence. I don't know why a word was censored up there in my post, butt I didn't intend to swear, must have been a slang issue again. I have changed the wording so it didn't get censored again (probably an "o" was missing in the word "counting").

Infuzion and Domo, I did get those purple announcements as well, but the problem was the server went down 3 minutes BEFORE the deadline, not ON the deadline. It's no biggie, but it's not nice to shut the servers down 3 minutes early when there is such a timed countdown always.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-14-2011, 07:02 AM
[quote=ErisTheVorta;3590228]Exactly, Spence. I don't know why a word was censored up there in my post, butt I didn't intend to swear, must have been a slang issue again. I have changed the wording so it didn't get censored again (probably an "o" was missing in the word "counting").

In that case... *big smile*
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Server up now
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-14-2011, 07:05 AM
And nothing there hehe