Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 41
06-14-2011, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
It looks like the sort algorithm is allowing both beams to hit one target when you focus fire on a single enemy, though.
I heard someone mention this in OPVP and I tried to reproduce it. I could not get it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I have not tracked down the accuracy issue yet, but I am still looking into that.
Goose, do you really believe that the accuracy is a major problem with FAW? Usually beam arrays hit 95-99% of the time. The damage difference to 100% is negligible. Maybe that is different if you have ships with super high defense values. Can someone provide a combat log for that situation?

The problem with FAW is the +100% damage from the second beam against other targets, not the minor problems with accuracy or an as far as I am concerned not reproducible possible issue with the sorting algorithm.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
I heard someone mention this in OPVP and I tried to reproduce it. I could not get it working.

Goose, do you really believe that the accuracy is a major problem with FAW? Usually beam arrays hit 95-99% of the time. The damage difference to 100% is negligible. Maybe that is different if you have ships with super high defense values. Can someone provide a combat log for that situation?

The problem with FAW is the +100% damage from the second beam against other targets, not the minor problems with accuracy or an as far as I am concerned not reproducible possible issue with the sorting algorithm.
I agree completely, but, I cant find a dev post to support that. However, fawing should not be anywhere near 100% acc. It should be reduced like BO is.

Anyway, this thread has been derailed enough, if you dont agree to the restrictions then simply dont sign up. I have no problem with that.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-14-2011, 03:27 AM
QEW: Build police
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
QEW: Build police
I believe the community will police itself.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
I believe the community will police itself.
i would love to have that much faith in the community, but the community is too diverse i think to really do it without a couple of people "directing" it.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-14-2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
Ok i'm calling out all you so called "good players" who use lame OP skills such as FAW, scramble 3, harpengs, mine spam and such.

Really i thought some of you were better than this but i guess i was wrong.

Anyone who's played pvp for along time knows that the community took a big hit with the latest FAW change and hasn't really since recovered.
Its slowly at the moment starting to recover but using lame skills isn't helping.
Most of QEW left due to FAW cheese as did alot of other players, but our guys re-subbed, on the idea that we may get some regular cheese free matches going, but venturing into the arenas has shown that while cheese is still widely used in pugs, its not really a problem due to the lack of pug skills and coordination.

When it becomes a problem is when entire premade teams or fleets are using it, against other fleets or pugs.
The matches are not fun, and show a clear lack of skill and honor by the fleet using broken skills. There is no reason to use these skills anymore.

QeW used to have players that played with whatever they wanted and used cheese setups and they were kicked. Simple as that.

Our fleet would like to have regular pug matches vs other teams outside of tourneys that use the same proposed tourny rules, without them we see no reason to continue to play. I would ask that all fleets abide by such rules when playing the game. Obviously we can't enforce pugs but fleet leaders can control there fleet members.
More fun for fleets, more fun for pugs and hopefully the more people will queue up and pvp will continue to improve.

I personally would rather lose a match in a good fight and be outplayed by better teamwork than win using cheese. You don't win anything if you don't have the respect of your opponent

List of PVP fleets that don't use cheese

QeW
WoG

Other fleets will be added if they can control there fleet members.
Your beating a dead horse brother. How bout we all do a premade game where everyone on the teams are using FaW3 until we burn out our video cards.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-14-2011, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Maybe in todays cliamte its time to clamp down on these members then, theres no way on this earth I'd ever let anyone use broken skills/exploits and fly with the QEW tag, no warning, we all know the rules, instant kick.
I really respect you for this statement. I just do my dailies now and forget about pvp. The garbage has really made the game feel hollow.

I don't use cheese either. In 7th Core, we are reluctant to even run SS,.. and if somebody decides to.. no more than 1. This, of course, puts every team we run at a major disadvantage.. since most of what we run into is SS, SS, SS, SS, SS, SNB, SNB, SNB, FAW, FAW, FAW .. and here have some mines too.

Gets old.

On the upside, ... 7'th Core now has a new virtual drinking game. Every time Trip needs heals or a science team, we take a drink.

TS is full of Trip saying "Trip needs heals... Trip needs science team." 3 minutes in and we would be dead drunk lol.

We have to police ourselves or this is all going down the toilet... fast.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Well for pugging im not gonna police my fleetmembers choice of powers, its really upto cryptic to fix the powers that are broken/boring.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Post updated with fleets that say they will be cheese free.
Feel free to pm me or post in this thread if your fleet wishes to be listed.

why use items like harpengs or faw that a dev has clearly stated is not working as intended and will be fixed/reworked ?

Everyone knows harpengs are broken, everyone knows FAW is getting reworked.

We are trying to grow the pvp community and have fun matches to increase queue activity. Not win by any means.

IMHO running cheese setups that are specifically built to exploit known broken skills, is like going into a FPS with auto aim bot on.
Sure you may win the match but that doesn't stop everyone from thinking your a f**k-wit
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
Post updated with fleets that say they will be cheese free.
Feel free to pm me or post in this thread if your fleet wishes to be listed.

why use items like harpengs or faw that a dev has clearly stated is not working as intended and will be fixed/reworked ?

Everyone knows harpengs are broken, everyone knows FAW is getting reworked.

We are trying to grow the pvp community and have fun matches to increase queue activity. Not win by any means.

IMHO running cheese setups that are specifically built to exploit known broken skills, is like going into a FPS with auto aim bot on.
Sure you may win the match but that doesn't stop everyone from thinking your a f**k-wit
Since no Fleet Mail has been written yet to my knowledge, I would find it a little premature to list LF already.
Closed Thread