Lt. Commander
I for one would like to be playing this when I am in the old folks home in low earth orbit, is this an anticipated possibility? Why doesn't STO get involved with:

The Planetary Society
http://www.planetary.org/home/

The Mars Society
http://www.marssociety.org/

NASA
http://www.nasa.gov/

I know Star Trek has its own lore, but wouldn't be cool if something that was part of the game could be part of real life that would get us that much closer to humans leaving the cradle of Earth for the stars?

What do you think Lifetime should mean moving forward?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2011, 12:58 AM
uh...... I'm not sure what your talking about. If its habitats in earth orbit, those are in the game. Those 2 large stations around ESD are civilian orbital habitats.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2011, 01:05 AM
What exactly do you mean? What does any of that have to do with... anything?

I mean, if you're still alive in two hundred years when what you're talking about happens (Let's be honest here: The only country really pushing their space program forward right now is optimistic about manned moon missions in forty years and a space station by the end of the century, and private spaceflight is now six years out of the gate and about where they planned to be within six months of the X-prize being awarded), and the unlikely chance that STO's still running... Well, what does your lifetime subscription have to do with it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Im not sure exactly what your trying to say here so ill just answer this as best i can

being an MMO is tough these days. They only worry about keeping the servers alive for another year. I dont think anyone is thinking about 50 years from now. Even if its that successful, as we move on media and the internet will change. who is to say we will still be sitting at computer screens playing 2D games in the future? It might all be about 3D holograms and motion sensors by then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2011, 01:15 AM

Isn't this is a rather abstract topic for this section of the boards? Surely this belongs in Ten Forward?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2011, 01:21 AM
First, 10 Forward thread.

Second, lifetime means the lifetime of the game, as far as I know. For as long as the game is out, you'lll enver pay a subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2011, 01:49 AM
It means THIS
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
It means THIS
Excellent. Best response yet. You gave me a good laugh, Equinox.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2011, 06:31 AM
It means lifetime of the game, or your lifetime, whichever one ends first.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Well, there was a space shuttle named "Enterprise"!

How much more would you want? An astronaut with the last name of Cochran?

But I agree with quite a few other posters - 10 Forward thread.