Lt. Commander
# 1 Your Aliens!
06-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Put up your aliens and the info behind them here! You can comment on ones already put up, or put up your own, preferably following something like the template I used below, but you don't have to.

Beta Recticulans:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/...Loeyi-shea.jpg

Quote:
Beta Recticulans are the result of genetic experiments performed on humans throughout the 19th and 20th centuries by Recticulans in an effort to strengthen their genetic stock. The Recticulan's had, in centuries prior, suffered a severe gene-phage which rendered them completely incapable of natural reproduction. In response, they began to use cloning to keep up their numbers. However, after generations of doing so, their genome had become corrupted and damaged by diseases, corrupted data, and the loss of some 90% of their genetic lines over the centuries.

Using their extensive knowledge of genetics, however, they probed various worlds to find a species that might be compatible with theirs, and they found it on earth. After decades of testing, they succeeded in creating the Beta Recticulans, a hybrid species posessing traits of both parent species. After extracting the gentic information needed for some 10^30 genetic lines, they took the results of their experiments, normalized their genome, and produced thousands of members to the species, then left them on the planet the Recticulans had been using as a base of opperations during this preciedure.

Beta Recticulans share the majority of their genome with humans, but there are key differences. Their skin color is always pale, though hair and eye color varries even more than in humans. They are typically shorter than humans by at half a foot or more, on average, never going over 6'. They possess profound psionic abilities. Telepathy is a trait shared by all but a few disabled persons in the species, and telekinesis is common. Because the mechanisms for verbal communication are underdeveloped as a result of the hybridizing in the species, Beta Recticulans almost exclusively communicate via telepathic waves of thought. While verbal communications are possible, it is uncomfortable for the Beta Recticulan to speak.

Beta Recticulans are a young species, and have always been fully aware of their connection to the Human race, and as a result, have quickly started to work hard to strengthen ties with their parent species.
Required Traits: Telepathy
Recomended Optional Traits: Telekinesis, Logical
No restricted Traits

Role-playing Tips: Definetly play up the uncanny vallley with them. Body language should usually be a bit off, and facial expression would seldom change. In lieu of that, they express themselves psionically, projecting their emotions into the area around them, but making it clear that the effect is centered on them. A rather narrative approach to RPing helps distinguish their psionic communication from the speach of others well. Example
Quote:
Loeyi-shea: She looks over, projecting a few tendrils of interest to the human. :You may call me Captain Shea. It is a pleasure to meet you: And the thoughts were followed by a bubbling of amusement in her thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2011, 02:48 AM
I'll make sure to post mine here tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2011, 04:49 AM
I mainly use the alien creator to create Romulans, Cardassians and on my KDF char, Hirogen. I'll make a screenshot later. I also love to have one or 2 BO's in there who were given birth by one click on 'randomize'
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2011, 05:16 AM
I actually have something for this on my website http://stoacademy.com/downloads/aliens.php
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I actually have something for this on my website http://stoacademy.com/downloads/aliens.php
Yeah, I like the Chobe a lot
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2011, 01:22 PM
The species of which I am most proud is represented on the STO Academy download page but I'm happy to post a brief history of them here. One of my primary characters, first designed in open beta, is a Trivit. Once the Foundry's built-in character creator is properly expanded, I intend to create at least one Foundry mission exploring the culture of this unique race and their unfortunate history with the Gorn Hegemony. Allow me to follow the template...

Trivit

http://tinypic.com/r/nqb8k0/7

Quote:
The Trivit hail from Trivia Prime, a heavily-forested and resource-rich planet in the Cestus Sector. The Trivit have evolved to possess uncanny camouflage and will blend in with natural surroundings; their distinctive horns, for example, typically adopt the dominant color of their clothing. Their peculiar culture, obsessed with secrecy and duplicity, reflects their biology. The Trivit are natural-born spies, a trait which has allowed them to endure their troubled history.

For almost two hundred years, the Trivit have toiled as a slave race under the Gorn Hegemony. The Gorn maintain a dominant presence on Trivia Prime and have exported the Trivit to a number of colony worlds. The modern standard in Trivit society is for roles to be assigned by Gorn overseers. Though they are slaves who continue to be forced to serve the Klingon Empire, as a people the Trivit have mounted a valiant underground resistance, using their natural tendency toward duplicity to destablize relations between the Gorn and their allies. The Trivit seize every available opportunity to covertly counter the efforts of their reptilian overlords.

There are liberated Trivit serving in Starfleet and as independent agents but, given their enslavement, it is far more common to find them serving aboard Klingon starships.
Required Traits: Covert
Recomended Optional Traits: Elusive, Natural Immunities
No restricted Traits

Role-playing Tips: The Trivit typically present themselves as open, friendly, and sociable individuals but, to those familiar with their secretive species, their every move is suspect. Every Trivit instinctually maintains several layers of carefully crafted cover. What they do and say is often merely an act, a false front.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2011, 06:11 AM
@ VulcanPhscyo: Are your Recticulans the same or similar to a Grey?

It just sounds like the old conspiracy theory of Grey aliens abducting humans to do experiments on , so I was just wondering if that was what you were going for. If so, then I guess my Primary is a really tall Recticulan.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2011, 09:44 AM
As promised a screenshot of my Hirogen BO, you also see my KDF character which is a romulan (Mercenary is his story lol..think TNG's Gambit). I'm very interested in how everyone else managed to make canon aliens with the alien creator. Like Jem Haddar, Remans (which became sort of obsolete after the BO reward), Romulans, Hirogen, Yridians, Androids, and so on.

So what have you come up with? Non-canon and canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
@ VulcanPhscyo: Are your Recticulans the same or similar to a Grey?

It just sounds like the old conspiracy theory of Grey aliens abducting humans to do experiments on , so I was just wondering if that was what you were going for. If so, then I guess my Primary is a really tall Recticulan.

Those are Asgards lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota

Those are Asgards lol
Now now! It was only Loki that was abducting humans from the Asgard, the rest were pretty decent folks, especially Thor.

I remember a scene in Babylon 5 where a human was suing a Grey for damages after the Grey's Great-Grandfather had abducted and experiemented on the human's great-grandfather.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Here's mine. I don't have an extensive biography on the Zr'Ronia androids other than they're from the Andromeda Galaxy and are shapeshifters.

Zr'Ronian Android

Required Traits:
Cold Blooded
Efficient Captain

Role Playing Tips:

Zr'Ronian androids are a bit reservered around those they don't know, but when they are around friends they open up and can cause a party almost anywhere.