Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2011, 01:26 PM
i dont know who these ***holes think they are, i mean, a hacking collective? WTFITS?!?!?! It just boggles me how people have fun ruining stuff for others....
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
Is Lulzsec based in the US? I read some of the artilces attached to the link and there were some groups operating out of Turkey, who's laws are a bit more harsh then those in the US
Thy're probably really good at spoofing their own source servers; so any agency trying to locate and effectively stop them would need good hardware and tech resources as well.. That said, I do hope they don't target STO or any Cryptic server. I'm sure the CCP folks and players are none too happy.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
the lolsecs are just that , LOL...
they have almost not hacking skill what so ever, ddos attacks are probably the easyest type of hacking in the world to do >.>; you just overload the system with login/log outs so it crashes.... it's annoying, but nothing to be so super happy about, it just shows how horrible of a hacker you are... it's like winning a race by flooding the race track with cars >.>; no skill involved, no honor in it.... they keep going like this they'll probably get a noticed by someone that matters, if they haven't already.......
they only succeed because there isn't really any defence to a ddos attack atm because the system works in it's favor..... if/when a defence is created the lolsecs will disappear rather quickly.....
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Thy're probably really good at spoofing their own source servers; so any agency trying to locate and effectively stop them would need good hardware and tech resources as well.. That said, I do hope they don't target STO or any Cryptic server. I'm sure the CCP folks and players are none too happy.
Ya true, sux that these guys feel the need to do something this dumb, would be cool if there was a way to trace them through their Twitter. Though if they can spoof their source servers they'd probably be able to make their Twitter account untrackable.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
the lolsecs are just that , LOL...
they have almost not hacking skill what so ever, ddos attacks are probably the easyest type of hacking in the world to do >.>; you just overload the system with login/log outs so it crashes.... it's annoying, but nothing to be so super happy about, it just shows how horrible of a hacker you are... it's like winning a race by flooding the race track with cars >.>; no skill involved, no honor in it.... they keep going like this they'll probably get a noticed by someone that matters, if they haven't already.......
they only succeed because there isn't really any defence to a ddos attack atm because the system works in it's favor..... if/when a defence is created the lolsecs will disappear rather quickly.....
I don't know if the ddos attack is their only weapon, in one of the articles it says they hacked the U.S. senate and snagged some info off it but Officials came out to say they only hacked into the public section of the website.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
i wana see them target a goverment agency and get away with it...

this whole ordeal also reminds me of mafiaboy, andl ook what happened to him XD police followed him and knew it was him for over a year before he actually got arrested XD
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
I don't know if the ddos attack is their only weapon, in one of the articles it says they hacked the U.S. senate and snagged some info off it but Officials came out to say they only hacked into the public section of the website.
i'd say ddos is their only weapon... if they posed a serious threat they'd have been brought down by now....
and hacking the public sector is like saying i went to the library and read all their books! ^(@.@)^ OMFG!
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Well the oj jury didn't understand DNA and as a Criminal Justice Grad. .its pretty sure in this day you have to document and record things for sometime in this due process system before anything can or will be done..

This is a higher profile case then Captain Crunch and thus Election Campaign Padding worthy enough of some District attorney wishing to be a Federal Judge some day .. to charge in as some white knight to save the Internet ~
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-14-2011, 01:47 PM
And bam, LoL down (league of legends).
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Is Lulzsec based in the US? I read some of the artilces attached to the link and there were some groups operating out of Turkey, who's laws are a bit more harsh then those in the US
Yeah, just snag them in the right country and it's all set. Because we live in a world where we must respect the cultural nuances of others and if there's another country who's laws allow an easy pass to a conviction who are we to argue?

Then agian.... taking int account their haxor skillz, it's possible you'd grab the wrong person over and over again and just keep incarcerating the wrong person over and over.

See? Due process has a reason.