Lt. Commander
# 51
06-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
........ Why?
Because they have nothing better to do, and they love to stroke their egos by making other people's lives difficult. I personally think hackers like this are one of the lowest forms of human life today.

Seriously, they should get a life.
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-16-2011, 04:53 AM
The next one has been hit. This time it is Bioware/EA and their old NWN-forum.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/6/index/7653193
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Because they have nothing better to do, and they love to stroke their egos by making other people's lives difficult. I personally think hackers like this are one of the lowest forms of human life today.

Seriously, they should get a life.
I just wish they would use their talent to do something useful. This does nothing for civilization. Where's my AI overlord already? My robotic housemaid? My self-driving car? My robo girlfri -- errr.... pet hamster?
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
The next one has been hit. This time it is Bioware/EA and their old NWN-forum.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/6/index/7653193
Looks like these guys just mess with a small percentage of a games population rather then messing with everyone. Though what they did to the PSN was pretty bad, have a friend who was ****ed that he couldn't get on the PSN when it was down. I mostly laughed at his misfortune but he was quick to remind me that I didn't have a PS3, but I don't feel I need one since I play pc games more then console.
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHorton View Post
I like how people are so OMG about crackers and what not playing the Loki card. All in all it's actually a good thing that there are people out there doing this type of thing. They arent causing that much trouble, sony deserved it in my opinion and the way they waited so long to say anything about it was another reason. I dont approve of info stolen but this is where new ideas and ways for dev's and system admins to create new imaginitive idea's for them to protect them selves, there is no 100% protection from anything connected to a computer really, it's just not possible if you are smart enough to know what you are doing and have the actual will power to do so, this is a group who just wants their name in history really, from what I have seen info has been stolen yes, but so far no one has reported issues with credit cards and account infos, it is a simple thing when info gets jacked to simpley change your password and not to stress about it really. If someone is smart enough, and wants something badly enough, they are going to find a way to get it no matter what.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~InfoNinja
I wonder how understading you would be if something similar happend to yourself.

You say we 'need' people like this to keep server up to date to stop hackers.

So we need hackers to stop hackers hacking? an interesting logic you have.

I wonder if you would approve of theives robbing your house, to ensure your security is up to date.

Oh and sony 'deserved it' interesting, did thier customers 'deserve it' as well?