Lt. Commander
# 71
06-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Don't you think thats more of a Keldon-Like Class?
Lt. Commander
# 72
06-20-2009, 02:06 PM
All the ships in space look great, nice highly detailed,

The ground combat does look interesting enough but the visuals dont have the same crisp look to them.I understand that not everything can be set to extreme high detail. But I think that without the "crispness" makes it seem too rounded. NOW granted tha even after saying that would necesarily be able to come up with a solution, it should still be given some thought.
Lt. Commander
# 73
06-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Species 8472 wearing armor, and a cardassian ship in the badlands!!!! Can someone please hand me a napkin, Iam drooling like a wolf
Lt. Commander
# 74
06-20-2009, 03:58 PM
With what we know now the only two ways to explain the Cardassians having their own uniforms is either not everyone in the federation faction will be in the federation or they will be on the Klingon side with all the other “bad guys” from the shows.

Who have they shown not in a federation uniform or with their own ship? Klingons, Nausicaans, (baby) Gorn, Orion's, Romulans and Cardassians. The rouges gallery of federation enemies.

For all the help rebuilding Cardassia making it seem like they’ll be allies; the Klingons didn’t wipe out Cardassia, the Dominion did. In the character creation vid the Cardassian is in a Cardassian uniform but the Vorta and the Changling are both in Star Fleet uniforms. How happy will the Cardassians be to serve alongside them?

We’re only one third of the way through the path. That’s 10 years with 20 to go. Some groups might actually change course between now and the end.

For the people who’ve been asking to see more “Klingon” content, that 8472 screen may actually be Klingon faction content.
Lt. Commander
# 75
06-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Good read. Let's get the beta going!
Lt. Commander
# 76
06-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicNerd View Post
With what we know now the only two ways to explain the Cardassians having their own uniforms is either not everyone in the federation faction will be in the federation or they will be on the Klingon side with all the other “bad guys” from the shows.

Who have they shown not in a federation uniform or with their own ship? Klingons, Nausicaans, (baby) Gorn, Orion's, Romulans and Cardassians. The rouges gallery of federation enemies.

For all the help rebuilding Cardassia making it seem like they’ll be allies; the Klingons didn’t wipe out Cardassia, the Dominion did. In the character creation vid the Cardassian is in a Cardassian uniform but the Vorta and the Changling are both in Star Fleet uniforms. How happy will the Cardassians be to serve alongside them?

We’re only one third of the way through the path. That’s 10 years with 20 to go. Some groups might actually change course between now and the end.

For the people who’ve been asking to see more “Klingon” content, that 8472 screen may actually be Klingon faction content.
lol if the 8472 is allied with the klingons... only thing i can say is... bye bye starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 77
06-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoon View Post
From the Article..

--
1UP: Finally, will the player ever have the chance of attaining the rank of Admiral and be put in charge of a fleet of ships, or to become Starfleet Commander?

CZ: Admiral, yes. Commander of Starfleet? I don't know about that. How would you decide which player to put in charge of all of the others?
---

What about a Guild Command during a major conflict? Every fleet needs a C2 (Command & Control) ship to direct others for a more coordinated attack. Could put some extra commands in there which can utilize group assignment hot keys much like we do for games like Starcraft and ******** single player games. [Select a group of units, ctrl + 1 for group assignment, give attack command for over here...]

That kind of thing.
I think it would be nice to have some 'coordination' options -- like WoW's Target Symbols, but less gamy.

However, I am completely against ever forcing leadership onto other players.

I don't care that UberDooDz has the rank of Admiral, I am not going to listen to his orders if I think he is a nitwit.

I think Fleets/Guilds can assign their leaders, but I think for PUGs, it should be a democratic decision, not a rank-based decision.
Lt. Commander
# 78
06-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minigig View Post
I got it , The big threat..... A Borg 8472 that explains the color difference in that screen shot and the armor. Oh how I was hoping this would never happen.

Ohh crap... :p That would suck bad LOL, but nice screens the Galor blew me away.

EDIT: Am I the only one who thought "what the hell are the Protoss doing in STO??":p
Lt. Commander
# 79
06-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo999 View Post
lol if the 8472 is allied with the klingons... only thing i can say is... bye bye starfleet.
Well the Cardassians were shooting him so I doubt they’re on the same side. If they are they really need to get on some kind of teamwork building retreat.

Also Cryptic said no non-humanoid/ non bipedal player characters (at launch) so that’s most likely an NPC that would be a threat to both sides.

Maybe even "the big" threat to the Alpha.
Lt. Commander
# 80
06-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicNerd View Post
Well the Cardassians were shooting him so I doubt they’re on the same side. If they are they really need to get on some kind of teamwork building retreat.

Also Cryptic said no non-humanoid/ non bipedal player characters (at launch) so that’s most likely an NPC that would be a threat to both sides.

Maybe even "the big" threat to the Alpha.
ah yeah crap i forgot about that.. meh well if they are the bad guys im letting them slaughter you all O.o