Lt. Commander
# 81
06-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo999 View Post
ah yeah crap i forgot about that.. meh well if they are the bad guys im letting them slaughter you all O.o
lol.. sitting there in a cloaked raptor eating dinner, watching the massacre on screen
Lt. Commander
# 82
06-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL0k View Post
lol.. sitting there in a cloaked raptor eating dinner, watching the massacre on screen
while watching the chat screen being filled with comments like..

Player 1: dead
Player 2: **** im out
Player 3: ****ing lag
Player 4: oh gawd dang it
Player 5: Hacking scum
*Planet explodes*
Player 6: oh son of a ***** there goes Vulcan
*Player 3 goes offline*
Klingon Player 1: hahaha noobs
Klingon player 2: uhh their turning on us..
Klingon Player 3: AH ****!!!!
<server crash>
Lt. Commander
# 83
06-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack596 View Post
People, don't dismiss the orange glow too soon. It might not look so good on a screenshot but it hasn't been the first time a screenshot and actual gameplay footage differ a lot from eachother.
True. I suspect that these are "prototype" ground combat screen samples -- notice how all the Federation personnel in the one ground screen appear to be the same Vulcan female character model?

These screens are great to see (thanks, Cryptic crew!), but I wouldn't expect they're "finalized launch day quality" just yet.

My opinions, anyway,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 84
06-20-2009, 06:25 PM
"Klingon gameplay and advancement will be significantly different from the Federation."

Please show us how
Lt. Commander
# 85
06-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicNerd View Post
Well the Cardassians were shooting him so I doubt they’re on the same side. If they are they really need to get on some kind of teamwork building retreat.

Also Cryptic said no non-humanoid/ non bipedal player characters (at launch) so that’s most likely an NPC that would be a threat to both sides.

Maybe even "the big" threat to the Alpha.
Good idea, but they're not all that ancient in trek history, so I don't think they are the "ancient threat", but that's not to say they're not a huge threat I do wonder if they're not an alliance with whom you might gain some favour for help fighting the Borg though.

As for the ancient threat, I can only (and continue to) guess. It'll be cool to see though
Lt. Commander
# 86
06-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow! This set of screenshots was great because it showcased a wide variety of things in the game, some we know about and others that are things we have never seen before. What a great way to kick off the weekend -- thank you for posting these!
Lt. Commander
# 87
06-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinkaos View Post
Good idea, but they're not all that ancient in trek history, so I don't think they are the "ancient threat", but that's not to say they're not a huge threat I do wonder if they're not an alliance with whom you might gain some favour for help fighting the Borg though.

As for the ancient threat, I can only (and continue to) guess. It'll be cool to see though
Yeah I’ve been wondering about the term ancient. What warp capable race isn’t “ancient”?
StarFleet seem to be the newest group out there and if you take in all of Terren history back to the stone age they’re an ancient race to.

In a gamersinfo article they said “In addition to pitting these two ancient enemies against each other, you’ll end up fighting against an unnamed ancient evil that threatens the entire Alpha quadrant” which may have been just one writers view but it shows “ancient” gets thrown around pretty easy.

Does ancient mean they were causing problems in space, specifically in the Alpha quadrant a long time ago? And if so is a long time ago before StarFleet was in space or just back to ENT era?
Lt. Commander
# 88
06-20-2009, 11:55 PM
maybe a group of dinosaurs attack :S
Lt. Commander
# 89
06-21-2009, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo999 View Post
maybe a group of dinosaurs attack :S
Velociraptors flying around in Raptors?
Lt. Commander
# 90
06-21-2009, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sisko View Post
I really hope not.
Whose to say thy'll join the Federation? With a Cardassian vessel, it seems more likley they'll either be NPC's for the time being, or join as part of the Klingon faction perhaps?

I just think that to be part of Starfleet you'd need a STARFLEET ship, whereas the Klingons wouldn't have such a specific ruling with regards to their fleets.