Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser617 View Post
Does this mean that the purchases of the BOFFs are not account wide?
It does sound like it, maybe Mr Stahl will come back and clarify this?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
If you get the BOFFs from the c-store I think we're setting it up so that you get a "token" for 100 cp which you can then take to a contact to select which type of officer you want. At that point the token is consumed and your officer is in your available assignments list (and can be traded btw). Once you assign them then they are bound to you.

So in addition of the possibility of players posting officers on the AH for trade, later in Season 4 I'll be announcing other exciting new ways that you'll be able to acquire rare items such as these Bridge Officers including the possibility of emblems or duty officer assignments.
Another question about this, are the skills and traits for these very rare BOFFs fixed or randomized? I've read a comment from someone testing on Tribble that you can select the officer type and sex at purchase time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2011, 11:06 PM
it would be nice to also have a way of trading in unwanted BOs for points and that we could save up and get rid of all the extra BOs we have for new shiney ones :p

I always seem to get the races I really don't want on my ship LMAO
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser617 View Post
Does this mean that the purchases of the BOFFs are not account wide?
Welcome to the magical world of F2P with a monthly subscription.... fun isnt it ?
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2011, 01:40 AM
well I'm sure there will be ways to get them in game also
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2011, 01:45 AM
give it a week and they'll be flooding the exhange. look at the xp boosts.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2011, 01:51 AM
Quote:
If you get the BOFFs from the c-store I think we're setting it up so that you get a "token" for 100 cp which you can then take to a contact to select which type of officer you want. At that point the token is consumed and your officer is in your available assignments list (and can be traded btw). Once you assign them then they are bound to you.

So in addition of the possibility of players posting officers on the AH for trade, later in Season 4 I'll be announcing other exciting new ways that you'll be able to acquire rare items such as these Bridge Officers including the possibility of emblems or duty officer assignments.
I don't think I've ever been so annoyed about this game. Seriously, What. The. %$@ ?!?

This really is a disgraceful farce. We end up waiting over a year for the Caitian BOFFs with a wall of excuses (hair tech, crew system, npc to pc promotions, the DOFF system) and then we find out they're not only going to be treated completely differently from other paid for species, they're getting a whacking great premium slapped on them to boot! Care to explain exactly why they are getting this outrageous screwover???

Well it looks like it's goodbye to the concept of a fully Caitian bridge crew. I've only been waiting a year to bring it into the game. Patiently putting up with all the procrastination. And now this!

I guess the C-Store is where dreams go to die. Keep up this shenanigans and it will soon be "STO where dreams go to die!"
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
give it a week and they'll be flooding the exhange. look at the xp boosts.
The XP boosts also drop in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:

In other words you will delay the ability to aquire these in game so you can "force" as many people as possible to buy them. Great going Dan.

I hope we stop creating new standards for everything added in the game and maybe decide what is extra and what isn't. Right now whoever decides that stuff seem to change their mind every so often. You did it with the Delta flyer and now this is becoming a habit.

If you are going to keep the premise of "everything can be aquired in game" then do it at the same time as the c store option. Anything else is deliberate and you know it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-15-2011, 05:05 AM
*sighes* what I get for trying to ask a question about something in the C-Store on the forums.

Guys you do know that the C-Store is one way they're using to actually help support the development of things like Season 4 to begin with? Which would you rather have, micro transactions that you do not have to buy to play the game effectively (this is not Pay to Win) or no S4 or possibly paying a box-cost for S4 again?

To any moderators if I get this thread closed, sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. I'll take full blame for flaming this up.