Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The XP boosts also drop in-game.
so will the boffs. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
I don't think I've ever been so annoyed about this game. Seriously, What. The. %$@ ?!?

This really is a disgraceful farce. We end up waiting over a year for the Caitian BOFFs with a wall of excuses (hair tech, crew system, npc to pc promotions, the DOFF system) and then we find out they're not only going to be treated completely differently from other paid for species, they're getting a whacking great premium slapped on them to boot! Care to explain exactly why they are getting this outrageous screwover???

Well it looks like it's goodbye to the concept of a fully Caitian bridge crew. I've only been waiting a year to bring it into the game. Patiently putting up with all the procrastination. And now this!

I guess the C-Store is where dreams go to die.Keep up this shenanigans and it will soon be "STO where dreams go to die!"
What do you mean, particularly in the highlighted sections of your post?

Why so much vitriol? I have also been waiting an inordinate amount of time for my Kitty Krew and will be glad to have them this weekend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-15-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser617 View Post
*sighes* what I get for trying to ask a question about something in the C-Store on the forums.

Guys you do know that the C-Store is one way they're using to actually help support the development of things like Season 4 to begin with? Which would you rather have, micro transactions that you do not have to buy to play the game effectively (this is not Pay to Win) or no S4 or possibly paying a box-cost for S4 again?

To any moderators if I get this thread closed, sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. I'll take full blame for flaming this up.
Oh I'm not bothered with the "pay to win" arguement. If anyone is dumb enough to fall for this farce that's their lookout.

My complaint relates to the disgraceful inconsistency in Cryptic's singling out the Caitians as their cash cow. Every other playable C-Store species has had BOffs freely available in game from levelling rewards and the vendor at ESD. Do Caitians get that? Oh no, some einstein decided that they'll make them purple quality and use it as an excuse to charge us for them through the C-Store!

We've been waiting over a year for Caitian BOffs and they know it all to damned well. They've taunted us with npc Caitains running around for months so it's not as if the "tech isn't there".

This is brazen profiteering of Gordon Gekko proportions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-15-2011, 06:06 AM
is there going to be some sort of special dispensation if you've already purchased the C-store Caitian captain?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
is there going to be some sort of special dispensation if you've already purchased the C-store Caitian captain?
I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
I don't think I've ever been so annoyed about this game. Seriously, What. The. %$@ ?!?

This really is a disgraceful farce. We end up waiting over a year for the Caitian BOFFs with a wall of excuses (hair tech, crew system, npc to pc promotions, the DOFF system) and then we find out they're not only going to be treated completely differently from other paid for species, they're getting a whacking great premium slapped on them to boot! Care to explain exactly why they are getting this outrageous screwover???

Well it looks like it's goodbye to the concept of a fully Caitian bridge crew. I've only been waiting a year to bring it into the game. Patiently putting up with all the procrastination. And now this!

I guess the C-Store is where dreams go to die. Keep up this shenanigans and it will soon be "STO where dreams go to die!"
Excuse me, but, what exactly are you talking about? It seems to me that he is saying that the new bridge officers will be available for approximately 100cp and that they will be available in game as Duty Officer Assignments or purchasable through emblems a little later in season 4. How does this negatively impact your "dream?" It doesn't sound like the number you can possess will be limited given that they can be traded.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaran
Excuse me, but, what exactly are you talking about? It seems to me that he is saying that the new bridge officers will be available for approximately 100cp and that they will be available in game as Duty Officer Assignments or purchasable through emblems a little later in season 4. How does this negatively impact your "dream?" It doesn't sound like the number you can possess will be limited given that they can be traded.
How many people do you think will be stupid enough to buy a Caitian BOFF just to sell it on the Exchange? You'd probably get more value out of a "gold seller".

A crew of Caitians, ok look at the math. 5 Bridge officers that's 500cp, then there's away team members, unless you're running a cruiser or Science vessel that probably 2 more Science and Engineer BOFFS so add another 200 to 400cp. So 700-900cp for a skeleton crew. That's 5.60-7.20 (excluding VAT) for a crew, would you normally pay that for a crew? (This is based on 1000cp being 8.00 before tax. The exact quantity I would need to purchace to buy this crew)

Let's look at the other C-Store species with BOFFs available:
Joined Trill - Don't have comparable BOffs
Fed Klingons - BOffs are free even for those without the purchase
Ferengi - BOffs are free even for those without the purchase
Pakleds - BOffs are free even for those without the purchase, heck you can't even give them away.
Tellarites - BOffs are free even for those without the purchase
Rigelians - BOffs are free even for those without the purchase
Caitians - You can buy individual ones for 100cp and it's not account-wide.

Parity? I think not.

Ok the DOFF system! Great I can spend months sending off Ensign Bill to try and recruit a random BOFF, if I'm lucky I might get a Caitian. You can bet for every Caitian there'll be four dozen Pakleds. That's assuming Bill doesn't get shiv'd by a Naussican while he's away.

Emblems? Do not even go there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
06-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post

Ok the DOFF system! Great I can spend months sending off Ensign Bill to try and recruit a random BOFF, if I'm lucky I might get a Caitian. You can bet for every Caitian there'll be four dozen Pakleds. That's assuming Bill doesn't get shiv'd by a Naussican while he's away.

Emblems? Do not even go there.
Judging by what Ive read on the forums over the last couple months I am operating under the impression that once you have leveled the appropriate area of Doff missions, recruitment I would guess, you will be able to select missions with some for knowledge of what they may yield. Even if that assumption proves erroneous, however, it would simply be a matter of time before you acquired the officers you are looking for and at a high quality level. As a side note, I've never received a pakled officer as a reward for anything ever. I'm slightly envious actually.

As for emblems, I've said this other places, how can you not have an excess of the things? You can earn them hand over fist for doing almost anything at max level.

My point with all this being all this I think you'll be able to acquire your all Caitian crew quickly through the c-store or with a little more time investment in game. Which is honestly how I like to see the c-store work. If your fantasy really is to have an all Caitian bridge crew then its perfectly possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
06-15-2011, 08:36 AM
While I don't agree with Knighterrant that much, I do think some clarification is needed. Even with them flooding the exchange (which i'm still sure they will), the decision to make them C-Store rather than just rare in the game is something that was surprising.

I mean, I'm sure they have a good and logical reason; I'm just not sure what it is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
06-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
Welcome to the magical world of F2P with a monthly subscription.... fun isnt it ?
They take the c-store for granted, when it is an ALLOWANCE that it should not be there in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
I don't think I've ever been so annoyed about this game. Seriously, What. The. %$@ ?!?

This really is a disgraceful farce. We end up waiting over a year for the Caitian BOFFs with a wall of excuses (hair tech, crew system, npc to pc promotions, the DOFF system) and then we find out they're not only going to be treated completely differently from other paid for species, they're getting a whacking great premium slapped on them to boot! Care to explain exactly why they are getting this outrageous screwover???

Well it looks like it's goodbye to the concept of a fully Caitian bridge crew. I've only been waiting a year to bring it into the game. Patiently putting up with all the procrastination. And now this!

I guess the C-Store is where dreams go to die. Keep up this shenanigans and it will soon be "STO where dreams go to die!"
Actually, more like "STO? oh, yes, the players got tired for paying twice for the content, and now it's a ghost town. I hear they are going F2P...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser617 View Post
*sighes* what I get for trying to ask a question about something in the C-Store on the forums.

Guys you do know that the C-Store is one way they're using to actually help support the development of things like Season 4 to begin with? Which would you rather have, micro transactions that you do not have to buy to play the game effectively (this is not Pay to Win) or no S4 or possibly paying a box-cost for S4 again?

To any moderators if I get this thread closed, sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. I'll take full blame for flaming this up.
The key word here, which you use, is "help", not "provide". The c-store should be a marginal auxiliary income, not a means of regular finantial gains.

Ships should NOT be there, Bridge Officers should NOT be there, anything that affects the gameplay should NOT be there. Additional slots, SMALL bonus experience packs, uniforms, non combat pets, gestures and similar fluff content is what it should be there.

QUOUSQUE TANDEM, CRYPTIC, ABUTERE PATIENTIA NOSTRA?

From the Catilinaries opening by Cicero.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 AM.