Lt. Commander
# 1 The Cure = The Pain
06-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Wow, I don't think I've ever run a 'Task Force' style mission that's as painful as this one. I've run through it with no fewer than five groups in the past couple of days and each time dealing with the Borg while trying to keep the transponders from getting deprogrammed has proven impossible. We've even gone as far as using cover shields to try and move them but it doesn't matter where they are, the Borg can still shut them off. We've tried targeting only the Workers, avoiding aggroing the other Borg and so on but it always seems to turn up a failure as one or two people get fed up and quit or run out of time to play.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2011, 08:53 AM
The Medical Drones with their ability to stack Neurosuppressant pretty much bags it for me. Nothing more frustrating than being turned into a still life of a violated prison ***** for minutes on end.

To me as a Tac, my job is to keep the Workers off the Transformers. Fine, no problem. Hurl photon grenades, and they resist the knockback. Hit'em with a sniper rifle with a knockback special, ok, that works, once every ten seconds. Hey, what the heck, I can go melee for a rapid fire reliable knockback, but then I get the magic assimilation finger stuck up my **** by every drone and its brother within 15 meters.

Aggro control is a joke with the ground game in general, but thrown into what has to be so carefully choreographed as The Cure, and its just dumb luck whether you succeed or not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2011, 08:43 PM
If they would remove the automatic respawn of the groups and only the worker dornes appear when the transpoders are active, then the mission would be much more manageable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Let me guess
The Cure = The Crystalline Catastrophe
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Finally managed to beat it after going through several teams. It's really the respawning with the transponders that's the problem. Unless you have everyone positioned just right and manage to deal with the workers and don't aggro any of the other Borg it's almost impossible to get through.

Luckily, Goz is looking at revamping all the STFs in the near future so I can only hope that The Cure gets more fun and less teeth-gnashingly painful.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Last's night's Cure for me went very smoothly and only died once at the end from an invisible torpedo against my unshielded bop-R. The Cure is so unpredictable much more so than the other STF which are fairly straightforward. You can have a group and tactic which works great and be done in ~1hr or you can spend 5hrs taking on a single gate and get no where and I've experienced both.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2011, 04:46 AM
my fail save strategy is clearing out all mobs at the gates except one tactical drone (sometime it needs to be medical for lack of tacs). That will avoid further respawns of the whole mob.
Then it's easy to defend the transformers without worrying about aggro. just ignore mostly harmless damage by the single tactical.
This strategy needs a bit of patience and everyone NOT randomly targeting Borg, but if everyone is on the same page it works like a charm.
Just make sure the more impatient team mates understand that effort in setting up all 3 mobs this way won't show the actual progress until you finally use the 30 seconds of opportunity after about 10 minutes setup.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2011, 06:46 AM
i think you only have to meet the right team !

check that out !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf7i6eJr9Nk

rgds prien
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-21-2011, 04:23 AM
In the current live build, I enjoy the Cure the most. Of the 50-70 Cure runs Ive failed to complete it 5 times or so due to lack of teamwork or untimely lag. Ive 4 manned the cure with sci only, Ive 3 manned the cure.

The key to the cure is to have someone or two who know what they are doing and is able to inform the others on what they need to do and HOW THEY CAN DO IT easily.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-24-2011, 11:47 PM
the diffculties are not a problem, I'm kind of hard headed, but I have had absloutely no luck with the cure.
Either people leave in the middle or my internet provider goes on the fritz. I swear the cure = curse.