Lt. Commander
So, I left about a year ago just before season 1 hit.

Back then, you could only train certain T3 skills (like sensor scramble 3) if you had 9 ranks in sensor probes and were a science captain. As I was an engineer flying a science ship, this didn't work out well for me as I couldn't unlock half the cool powers. There was also no way to trade Boffs once trained so I couldn't ask a science captain to do it for me.

I know cryptic said it was on their 'to fix' list, but what did they do about it? Can you now trade Boffs? Or can engineers now train science skills?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2011, 05:24 PM
No career path will ever be able to train skills from a different career, it just doesn't make sense.

I think you can now trade BOffs, at least that's what I heard. I haven't done it so I'm not 100% sure.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Commissioned boffs can be traded, but only in face to face trades. Remove all their equipment and drag them from the list to the trade window.

Special boffs (Borg, Breen, Reman, probably Caitian and Aenar when they're out) can't be traded, so you can't cross train them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Commissioned boffs can be traded, but only in face to face trades. Remove all their equipment and drag them from the list to the trade window.

Special boffs (Borg, Breen, Reman, probably Caitian and Aenar when they're out) can't be traded, so you can't cross train them.
Breen can be traded, as long as the person you're trading it to doesn't already have one, since unlike the others, it isn't bound and can be put up on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2011, 04:18 AM
Breen cannot be traded once commissioned.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Couldn't one get a BOff trained in a III skill, then use that BOff to train one of the untradeable BOffs one might have?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by openglpope View Post
Couldn't one get a BOff trained in a III skill, then use that BOff to train one of the untradeable BOffs one might have?
No, only uncommissioned Boffs can be used to train other Boffs.