Lt. Commander
# 1 Changing account name?
06-16-2011, 02:17 AM
I'm curious to know if there is a way to change my account name. If so, how? If not, oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2011, 02:33 AM
I repost what WishStone wrote not long ago:

Quote:
We only change names under very limited conditions. If your name is offensive or protected under copyright, we might force you to change it. If your handle is the same as your account name, we may change it if you request for privacy reasons.

But other than that, we do not change names on request.

Your handle is what you are known as both on the forums and in-game. If you have behaved in a less-than-honourable manner - users will use your @Handle to identify you. If we were to change this handle on request, we'd take away the responsebility you had in the public view towards other users.
At this time, changing the @handle is not something we wish to offer to everyone except for very few exceptions.

So they will change the name you show up in the forum/game if it is the same with which you login.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you Vampir!
Also: Account names cannot be changed, ever. What can be changed (under limited circumstances) is the @Handle you use on the forums or in game linked to your character.