Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Klingon, Romulan, Breen, etc.

Basically, a simple enough question.

What storyline and adventure series is the most fun for you?

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Well my favorite so far is the Romulan campaign, granted I did not play borg or undine yet, I still feel the romulan smashed the breen and klingon and cardassian hands down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Wow, a thread that's not a fanboi/hater rage war... do they still post stuff like this?

IMO it's a toss-up between the Breen and the Devidian Campaigns... though if I can't choose FE's I'd have to say either the True-Way arc or the Klingon arc... probably the True-Way since I love the MU Cross-overs ^_^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I like the difference between the various campaigns in 'mood.'

* The Klingon campaign actually felt like a war. It was very "Star Wars."

* The Romulan campaign felt like you'd been dragooned into the Federation black ops. You were running missions back and forth into the galactic equivalent of Afghanistan and often doing stuff to sabotage their efforts.

* The Breen felt the most "Star Trek." I REALLY hated the Breen, honestly. Though the villain's final words actually worked pretty well for justifying all of his obnoxious gloating the entire way.

I'm still working my way up through the campaigns and look forward to the Undine and Borg ones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-08-2011, 02:14 AM
id have to say klingon or breen probably.

i love the romulans and cardassians as races but some of the missions are very long winded and drawn out. the ground revamp made them a heck of a lot better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne19
I like the difference between the various campaigns in 'mood.'

* The Klingon campaign actually felt like a war. It was very "Star Wars."

* The Romulan campaign felt like you'd been dragooned into the Federation black ops. You were running missions back and forth into the galactic equivalent of Afghanistan and often doing stuff to sabotage their efforts.

* The Breen felt the most "Star Trek." I REALLY hated the Breen, honestly. Though the villain's final words actually worked pretty well for justifying all of his obnoxious gloating the entire way.

I'm still working my way up through the campaigns and look forward to the Undine and Borg ones.
I really, really love the Breen episodes (which is why I hate that they are moving them to last). While the storyline isn't as strong as the Devidian or Cloaked Intentions they have a perfect blend of space and ground combat that have the most replayability for me.

I also loved some of the romulan missions but they felt very un-Starfleet. Pre-emtive strikes? Terrorist attacks on research facilities? You're ****ing all over the Prime Directive.

What makes the Klingon front great is that you are not simply facing Klingons all the time. Nausicaan, Orion and Gorn are all very distinctive culturally and in ship design.

Cardassian front feels disjointed, Borg do Borg things and the Undine sector has a nice feeling of exploring the unknown.

Edit: It always makes me laugh when Admiral T'nae says this after the Frozen mission:
"Without that, becoming directly involved in this conflict would be a violation of the Prime Directive."
Another missions:
"Starfleet sent a task force to father intelligence in the Rator system." (Sending task forces to Romulan home system now?)
"Starfleet Command has finished its analysis of the information you found in the Hadrian System, and we've reached a decision. We cannot allow the Romulans to continue their research into Borg technology." ("Article 14, Section 31" the excuse for everything)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
10-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Quote:
I also loved some of the romulan missions but they felt very un-Starfleet. Pre-emtive strikes? Terrorist attacks on research facilities? You're ****ing all over the Prime Directive.
The research facility attack was an Undine plot, at least. I like to think my character said "hell no" to killing everyone and the Romulan medics are just stunned.

That, of course, won't help the ships I blew up.

I have to admit, though, I really like the Vulcan Admiral. She's the most memorable of the quest givers I've met (other than Macenzie Calhoun - who is utterly unlike his book depiction). However, I've got to wonder who the hell put Admiral T'nae in charge of the Romulan Campaign.

Here's her battle strategy for Pre-Emptive Strike:

"The Romulans won't attack us now that we've done the following:

* Attacked their new homeworld.
* Wiped out their home fleet.
* Blown up a bunch of Thalaron weaponry on the ground that might have left a hole in the planet the size of Nebraska."

She says this will PREVENT a war with the Romulans.

I'm sorry, lady, but by prevent do you mean CRUSH THEM so they can't retaliate? Because that seems the only possible measure of peace you could be going for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
10-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne19
She says this will PREVENT a war with the Romulans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunboat_diplomacy

If you don't entirely wipe out a species you are being diplomatic...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
10-08-2011, 04:57 AM
After thinking long n hard about it, i can only say that the only "campaign" i REALY dont enjoy is the Devidian series. I realy enjoyed all the other missions. wich is positive i think.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33 AM.