Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm aware of the maximum number of bridge officer that are part of the standard progression, but what is the maximum number of slots attainable through C-Store purchases? I got four extra slots, and was planning to get four more(I want a unique bridge crew for each of my planned 3 ships at VA), but when I thought to go and check around, I found a few posts stating that you can only actually get TWO slots through the C-Store; did I waste half the points I spent last week, or can you exceed two extra slots? If you can, what is the maximum?

I'd appreciate a speedy response, as the sale on slots ends in two hours(I thought today was yesterday, heh), and I'd rather not waste my money, or waste an opportunity to get 'em cheap.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2011, 08:02 AM
i dont know for certain but im sure it must be more than two. the costume limit for example is well over 100. i doubt they would have set a bo limit as low as 2 as that makes little sense.

i also do not believe they will let you have slots you can't use. if you bought 4, you should be able to use 4, or the transaction would not have gone through. typically if you can buy it, you should be able to use it.

but just be careful, these slots are per character and not per account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Cockburn
I'm aware of the maximum number of bridge officer that are part of the standard progression, but what is the maximum number of slots attainable through C-Store purchases? I got four extra slots, and was planning to get four more(I want a unique bridge crew for each of my planned 3 ships at VA), but when I thought to go and check around, I found a few posts stating that you can only actually get TWO slots through the C-Store; did I waste half the points I spent last week, or can you exceed two extra slots? If you can, what is the maximum?

I'd appreciate a speedy response, as the sale on slots ends in two hours(I thought today was yesterday, heh), and I'd rather not waste my money, or waste an opportunity to get 'em cheap.
i dont think there is a max, could be wrong i've only baught 1 lot of 2
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i dont know for certain but im sure it must be more than two. the costume limit for example is well over 100. i doubt they would have set a bo limit as low as 2 as that makes little sense.

i also do not believe they will let you have slots you can't use. if you bought 4, you should be able to use 4, or the transaction would not have gone through. typically if you can buy it, you should be able to use it.

but just be careful, these slots are per character and not per account.
Aye, hence why I was in a rush for an answer; the sale price makes each slot cost less than 1, which is just about acceptable for a per-character upgrade(I'm not happy that I need to fork out extra, but it's tolerable), at the normal price I wasn't even considering buying more, and had to come up with all sorts of convoluted nonsense to explain away why three different ships would have near-identical crews(sometimes I really dislike being a roleplayer ).

I was just worried because the character on which I'm making these purchases is only a LtC2, I thought it might be possible that the C-Store was allowing me to purchase four slots because I've not yet gotten the maximum available through the game itself, and that I would still max-out at 14 total(12 VA +2 C-Store).

I suppose I'll just buy them and hope that if there is a problem, they'll refund my points(ahahaha).
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't know if there is any maximum set limit, but I'm up to around 30 boff's on my main.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I've purchased at least 8 extra slots for Boffs from the C-Store so its not a low limit if there is one.