Lt. Commander
# 21
06-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Seems like the natural evolution of the concept right?

i hope not
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
I ws under the impression cash for EC already existed.

I was told the skill boosts from cstore can be traded in game?
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
While I'm not entirely comfortable with the concept of 'buying EC in the C-Store,' the new officers aren't the first foray into trade-able/sale-able C-Store items. The XP boosts started that trend back in February, during the 1-year Anniversary.

(Again, I'm not condoning it; merely pointing out the officers aren't the first step they have taken in that direction. I don't really play the exchange (heck, I think the most I've ever had on a character was 2 or 3 million at one point, lol), so I can't say what kind of impact they will have. I guess we'll see. :le shrug: )
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-16-2011, 12:49 PM
But at least the xp boosters came as drops at the same time, albeit a rare drop. We have no idea how long until they will be available in game, or what the exact method of obtaining it will be beyond it will be some kind of grind.

And if ships are anything to go by, it will be way more effort than its worth and just there as a token 'See? Its available in game!'
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
indeed but rather than debate free stuff in game. This is about the cash for EC issue
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
There is indeed a bug; I'm very sorry about the problem. We're working on getting them fixed up and back online as quickly as possible! That they were tradeable was actually not the bug, by the way, that was our intent and still is for now.
Really,
Hmm how about 100cp for every 1,000,000 EC.
I mean if you can't beat the gold farmers you might as well just cut out there profit, right? Undercut them and drive em all out.....
Of course when we all cancel our subs....

I don't know there's a reason most games make reward items BOUND the instant you earn them. The idea of taking reward type items selling them for cash and NOT making them bound.... its distasteful to me at least. Perhaps I am alone. (I mean no one seems to mind that emblem gear can be sold... perhaps 100ec for 25 emblems is another great way to make some cash)
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Really,
Hmm how about 100cp for every 1,000,000 EC.
I mean if you can't beat the gold farmers you might as well just cut out there profit, right? Undercut them and drive em all out.....
Of course when we all cancel our subs....

I don't know there's a reason most games make reward items BOUND the instant you earn them. The idea of taking reward type items selling them for cash and NOT making them bound.... its distasteful to me at least. Perhaps I am alone. (I mean no one seems to mind that emblem gear can be sold... perhaps 100ec for 25 emblems is another great way to make some cash)
You forgot the part about Klingons not getting Aux to Structural 3!!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
Its going to be in a future Cstore bundle that includes a Harpeng Torp.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
Naaa, the klinks will soon have the opportunity to get an exclusive Lethean BO exclusive from C-stor with Aux to Structural III and an Harg'peng-bazooka.
For just 200 CP
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Aenar and Caitian BOs now flooding the Exchange in the million EC range? Hmm a little discretionary disposable income translated into billions of EC in game. Buy a bunch of these BOffs and flood the market at a marked-down price. Dang, I'd almost feel like a slaver!

Come on Cryptic, just add EC, Emblems and Marks to the C-Store and get it over with!

Oh, and throw a bone to those animals on the other side of the faction fence so they quit howling.