Lt. Commander
# 41
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Any reason why Caitians don't work for the Klingon Faction? If memory serves, no word was actually stated that Caitians are/were a member of the Federation, other than having 1 serving on the Enterprise in TAS (which is considered non-canon by most sources).

I understand Aenar being Fed Only as they are essentially just an offshoot of the Andorians (one of the founding members of the Federation). But certainly Caitians should be possible for both factions?

Klingons have it bad enough, why aren't there more releases of EQUAL content for both factions, instead of lopsiding content to the Feds, and then possibly giving a bone to the Klingons?
We used to hear from DStahl about adding a Canoid or Felinoid race to the KDF. Last word is they were looking into it because they have no TAS rights to add the Kzinti.

I believe they failed so far to allocate resources towards doing this for the usual reasons (low population, low c-store sales KDF side).

My stance is... if there's continued disparity in fun & unique KDF content (results in low population) and disparity in KDF C-Store items (results in low sales) the dilemma will never be resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
If you did purchase a Caitian or Aenar bridge officer as a KDF, what will happen to the C-points they used to purchase? Will they be compensated?
That's something you'd need to find out from the customer support team, as mentioned in my post. Please reach out to them!
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
That's something you'd need to find out from the customer support team, as mentioned in my post. Please reach out to them!
Way to be Cryptic there WishStone :p
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Your reply has nothing to do with my Question.
Yes it does.

If you were unwise enough to try purchasing a federation only item on your KDF toon, well...
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Yes it does.

If you were unwise enough to try purchasing a federation only item on your KDF toon, well...
Didn't do it myself. However, every Fed only item is restricted to being purchased on the Fed side. It being available to purchase on the KDF side likely lead people to make the understandable assumption that it was also usable by them. After all, when was the last time you saw the B'Rel retrofit purchasable by a fed on the C-store? Or the MVAE by a Klink?