Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
they said have 16 teams if i read right. hope so too im try wog b(or a?) team or miniteam1000
We have a SOG team forming up, and I think Mini Max can likely be put down as the leader of our WOG team.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Participating in any tournament while already knowing who is gonna win the whole thing, doesn't seem fun. Anyway, good luck all.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTom View Post
Participating in any tournament while already knowing who is gonna win the whole thing, doesn't seem fun. Anyway, good luck all.
Not necessarily, this specific event allows for teams to bring whatever ships they want (except carrier limit due to no faw). So a team running into a ships set-up built specifically to counter what they use, is going to be in some trouble if they can't adapt their tactics.

Besides double knock-out means you have a chance to re-adjust your strategy should you lose a match.

I wouldn't really write off any teams at not having a chance of winning. There are alot of factors that effect the outcome of a match/tournament such as.

1. How well a team played on the day
2. Ships used and their roles played.
3. BO skills used on those ships.
4. Who knocks out who first or what team fights who in which order.
5. Luck
6. Experience

Your negative attitude isn't going to help you, even if you don't win its a learning experience to adapt and do better next time. Get your team together, queue up as 5 man team in arenas leading up to the tourney and practice.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Play pvp, play tournaments, surely play to win but having fun is the most important thing in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
this sounds like a betting pool could be made

play for fun
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
So you left 3 of each class usable, you can use scramble (ok not 3) and it's not allowed Extend only for cruiser.

Tsi did something really really close at what should be a funny PVP, organizing the first one. i was glad to partecipate....but now is pratically the same of KT tournament without mines. (at kt time, FAW wasn't broken).

Tsi will win without any efforts, (i bet 5.000.000 on them :p ) i don't think have 3 BOP will change something. You let the possibility at the strongest player to use what they know better.

With a limit of 3 eng. there are many possibilities to have lots of heals. Have you thought at something if at the 40 min end the result is still equal?

BTW, I am available to record each match as a spectator. just let me know ))
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashvitto
So you left 3 of each class usable, you can use scramble (ok not 3) and don't allow Extend only for cruiser.

Tsi did something really really close at what should be a funny PVP organizing the first one... i was glad to partecipate.

but now is pratically the same of KT tournament without mines. (at kt time, FAW wasn't broken).

Tsi will win without any efforts, i don't think have 3 BOP will change something. You let the possibility at the strongest player to use what they know better.

And i don't understand how can live togheter 40 min. time limits and 5 vs 5. Have you thought at something if at the 40 min end the result is still equal?

BTW, I am available to record each match as a spectator. just let me know ))
Anyone can do the exact same thing they do. We have beaten them, that means anyone has the potential to beat them. However, an attitude like that will prevent you from getting any better. These rules restrict broken skills, but otherwise it's how the game is normally played.

The general response we have received so far from people is that this one should be better as it is less restrictive, which is just what we were going for.

Again, anything they do , everyone else can do as well. By the way, if a team isnt able to beat them under regular rules, theyre not going to beat them with a bunch of house rules either. IMO the 4v4 setup just plays to their strength of healing (can still take two sci and a cruiser), so I do not see how it would be any different.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Anyone can do the exact same thing they do. We have beaten them, that means anyone has the potential to beat them. However, an attitude like that will prevent you from getting any better. These rules restrict broken skills, but otherwise it's how the game is normally played.

The general response we have received so far from people is that this one should be better as it is less restrictive, which is just what we were going for.

Again, anything they do , everyone else can do as well. By the way, if a team isnt able to beat them under regular rules, theyre not going to beat them with a bunch of house rules either. IMO the 4v4 setup just plays to their strength of healing (can still take two sci and a cruiser), so I do not see how it would be any different.
I state my point of view.

The reason why in the first tournament the cruiser could only be 1 , i suppose, is because they know well the first broken thing is crosshealing. Allowing 3 eng you don't avoid this, i only believe will be more boring than first. But it's only my thought, not in any way a critic I repeat, i will be glad to help some of you recording match.

For me, 3 eng 2 sci in 5vs5 is quite different than 1 eng 2 sci in 4vs4. Same about ship class, 3 cruiser in 5vs5 in a little bit different from 1 cruiser and 2 voyager (?) in 4 vs4. Was only for Extend.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Anyone can do the exact same thing they do. We have beaten them, that means anyone has the potential to beat them.

Funny that first part is said now, i was under the general impression that everyone enjoyed the event but its starting to feel like you didn't have a good time.

Nothing stopped the klingons from doing the same thing (taking a cruiser and 2 science for healing) we made adjustments after the first event (mind you the first time I ever tried something like this) to try to appease you (yes you. We had you in vent, I recall everyone agreeing that the bops counting as half a sci point would be acceptable) then when the annoucment came you refused to even consider playing in it. Hence why I gave you reins to see what could be done better.

And I personally feel the restrictions made the matches better. (Since they applied to everyone) so the idea would be everyon is on more equal footing then just saying take 5 guys and have at it. (The ship nnumbers on the other hand had been chosen at 4 so everyone would actually be able to get a team in who wanted to)

I just don't understand how you could say the event was fun and then basically turn around and dump on it and say your event will be better. -sad panda- I was open to ideas and suggestions, willing to work with everyone on the rule set and then bam its dumped on and called fed biased when all the restrictions for klingons are pointed out and those people are completely ignoring the federations restrictions (which there were more of) and you know what... this just sucks this happened. I tried to do a nice thing and yeah....

:/
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post

I just don't understand how you could say the event was fun and then basically turn around and dump on it and say your event will be better. -sad panda- I was open to ideas and suggestions, willing to work with everyone on the rule set and then bam its dumped on and called fed biased when all the restrictions for klingons are pointed out and those people are completely ignoring the federations restrictions (which there were more of) and you know what... this just sucks this happened. I tried to do a nice thing and yeah....

:/

personally, I do not think there is a better way of how you did.