Lt. Commander
# 1 Sharing the lyrics...
06-16-2011, 05:03 PM
This thread is here for you to share the lyrics of your favorite songs, whether they be written by you or not. I suggest typing up the name of the song, the album it's from and the band it's by, then the lyrics as well as optionally posting a link to a YouTube video. Wrap [quote] tags around the selected text (for clarity).

Tell us how you relate a situation in your life or in your STO characters life to the song lyrics you post or to the song lyrics from another persons post.

Alternatively, state how the song lyrics make you feel without relating to any situation.

The idea for this thread started from a note I typed up on Facebook to share with some friends, here's a copy of the note below.

Quote:
Lyrics to "Just a Dream" from the 2007 debut album Trading Twilight For Daylight by the U.S. band Great Northern.

Was I dreaming?
Was I awake?
Or did you come home...
Today?
For the rest of my life,
A little pity.
For the rest of our lives,
A little pity.

Pick up your stones
And go to work on my bones
And then tell me if they'll be alright.
I'll come 'round for this moment,
The only other moment,
To see you, when you're down.
I'll come around, I'll come around,
To see you when you're down.
This is a mistake...

Long roads never cast the long burning embers of your heart.
When the sun rose to surface,
It removed the reflection of you.
Long roads don't mean anything to me now,
They're gone and done.
Into the sun, for now...

Pick up your stones
And go to work on my bones
And then tell me if they'll be alright.
I'll come 'round for this moment,
The only other moment,
To see you, when you're down.
I'll come around, I'll come around,
To see you when you're down.
This is a mistake...

SpuffyPr0ductions video feat. "Just a Dream": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR4uC0LjV2Q
I listen to this and relate the lyrics to a situation which I imagine goes on like a battle between my subconscious mind (that knows all I have ever done and said) and my own conscious mind that hides me from the truth of my surrounding environment within this world.

Feeling lost or alone, I listen to these lyrics and my mood is instantly picked up from the darkness and brought into some light.

Thinking of a situation these lyrics would apply to my main in game character, I imagine that these lyrics would come in a form of an audio letter (of sorts) via Borg subspace communications to Captain Smith (born 1984 who coincidentally is me in the future), a former Borg. You can read his bio here to understand how that happened.

The audio letter containing these lyrics would come from a past love, a female Borg. A connection created through the surreal, utopian Unimatrix Zero in the past before Smith was liberated from the collective continues on in the future. The voice of Smith's past love continues to enter his mind, communicating thoughts of ...well read the lyrics and let your imagination take over.