Lt. Commander
# 1 Launcher window crash/error
06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Image below:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6...gonscreeno.jpg

Default Login Screen crashing.
As of this morning when trying to log in.

I am able to enter my name and password, however when I click continue/logon the launcher crashes.

I have completely cleaned my system of all files Cryptic/game related, re-installed. Tried to log on for both STO and CO and both fail.

Anyone else seeing this? I have installed both CO and STO in different directories, cleaned the registry, rebooted 4 times now.

I have been playing STO since Closed Beta with no issues save launch and in game bugs.

Please advise.

Also when the Launcher loads, not seeing progress bar for patching and not seeing "Patch/Engage" button.

I was logged in yesterday and playing fine. Logged out last night and shut my system down per usual routine.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2011, 08:36 PM
recheck your IE browser setting . The launcher uses MSHTML which some setting are affected by setting in the IE browser (even if you use a different browser)

clear the IE cache
besure display images turned on
that the IE security setting are not set too high

you could also tey reseting IE back to defaults to see if that fixes things.
(also be sure your IE borwser is working normally)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the response but no go, same issue.

Anyone from Cryptic aware of something like this?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Anyone seeing this, or had similar, Cryptic any ideas?

two days now and still same issue and can't access the game. I submitted a number of crash reports.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I am having this problem too, but only since this morning. I believe wish and the network team are diligently working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2011, 12:18 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Alexander
I am having this problem too, but only since this morning. I believe wish and the network team are diligently working on it.
Hm, the crash must have been something else. We only had problems with the account server not granting access to the game. Does the problem persist?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2011, 06:59 AM
This also affects me. The patcher does not appear to try to patch the game (i.e.i it's missing the progress bar and associated buttons at the bottom). When I try to login I get a error dialog prompting me to enter what I was doing at the time the error occurred. I tried the IE suggestions above, but no dice.

I just want to get back into the game....I've been away for a long time and I want to see what has improved. I want to believe laying down all that money before the game launched was worth it. To run into this is frankly, disheartening.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-02-2011, 09:52 AM
3 Weeks now and same issue.

Tickets to Atari have yielded cookie cutter responses asking me to do the same thing I stated I ALREADY attempted with no success.

Seriously Cryptic?

I know the issue isn't on my end because I am seeing this on now 4 different computers, two different operating systems and connected to at least two different networks.

I already started the paper work to refund my money for both my accounts. This just is pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi

same Problem here

as soon as i click the submit Button in the Launcher it crashes ... no matter if there are any login data...

Routh