Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
As well as in the past.

I decided to get a close look at the USS Reuben James after disabling it....hull number NCC-1701. This is as bad as the Starbase (I Forget which one) that has a Club K7 in it because the interior is a straight cut and paste.

I understand recycling is an old tradition in MMOs, but you guys need to make it a tiny bit less obvious.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2011, 01:16 AM
it's actually NCC 1707 however when they applied the white hull paint to patch up some damage it was runny you see..
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Technically, it does take place in an alternate reality since we destroyed the comet in the past, which means we never stopped the malfunctioning serial killer hologram on Drozana and that ship full of Cardassians never died.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2011, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA
As well as in the past.

I decided to get a close look at the USS Reuben James after disabling it....hull number NCC-1701. This is as bad as the Starbase (I Forget which one) that has a Club K7 in it because the interior is a straight cut and paste.

I understand recycling is an old tradition in MMOs, but you guys need to make it a tiny bit less obvious.
In my opinion, Cryptic is tipping their hat to the many slip ups and rigging made by Desilu Production Company and Paramount over the years. In fact, you could say that doing things like this inside Star Trek is Canonical
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Technically, it does take place in an alternate reality since we destroyed the comet in the past, which means we never stopped the malfunctioning serial killer hologram on Drozana and that ship full of Cardassians never died.
Except that in almost every case with time travel, what happens in the past directly affects the future, no "alternate universe". The only case of "alternate universe" in canon trek was TNG "Parallels", which did not deal with time travel for the most part.

Examples of time travel:
TOS: "The Naked Time"
TOS: "Tomorrow is Yesterday"
TOS: "The City on the Edge of Forever" (you may remember the line "All that you know is gone...")

TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise" (you may recall that as the Enterprise appeared, the timeline changed. When they sent the Enterprise back, the timeline was restored.)
TNG: "Firstborn"
TNG: "A Matter of Time"
TNG: "All Good Things"

DS9: "Past Tense 1/2"
DS9: "Trials and Tribblations"
DS9: "Little Green Men"
DS9: "Visionary"
DS9: "Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night"

Voy: "Future's End 1/2"
Voy: "Relativity" (you may recall that Janeway remembered various things that happened in the past)
Voy: "Endgame"
Voy: "Parallax" (not really time travel, but it did involve time displacement)

Ent: "Coldfront"
Ent: "Carpenter Street"
Ent: "Storm Front 1/2"
Ent: "Azati Prime"
Ent: "Shockwave 1/2"

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek VII: Generations
Star Trek VIII: First Contact ("Sir, I'm reading 9 million life-forms... all Borg.")

Point being, in most of those cases, if they mention the timeline at all, it's the same timeline, not an alternate timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Also, the uniforms are off. The colors should be yellow, blue, and tan at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2011, 09:51 AM
I have no problem with one universe employing both versions of time travel.

For example, O'Brien was replaced with a version of himself from hours in an aborted future and considered himself not the same Miles O'Brien, at least briefly.

Alternate reality, distorted timeline, whatever.

The point is that the first four missions in the Devidian series were invalidated by the last one, meaning those events didn't occur in the STO timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Clango View Post
Also, the uniforms are off. The colors should be yellow, blue, and tan at this time.
Actually, we had this discussion at the time and realized that Gozer and Heinig had it right: both missions took place after McCoy and Scotty were assigned to the Enterprise and just after the uniform change.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I have no problem with one universe employing both versions of time travel.

For example, O'Brien was replaced with a version of himself from hours in an aborted future and considered himself not the same Miles O'Brien, at least briefly.

Alternate reality, distorted timeline, whatever.

The point is that the first four missions in the Devidian series were invalidated by the last one, meaning those events didn't occur in the STO timeline.
Itīs no fun to think about temporal phenomena. If those 4 missions never happened, you would have never traveled back in time to destroy the comet.... Itīs better to accept it as it is and never ever think about it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Why are we making excuses for these obvious and easily-fixable mistakes? Also, Reuben James is a lame name for a Constitution Class. Sorry.