Lt. Commander
# 1 Endgame Failsauce
06-17-2011, 05:23 AM
I love the STO universe and the many options you can choose from and play. I quit a year ago for the same reasons I'm smashing my face against the keyboard lately. Endgame missions are fail incarnate, poorly designed and excessively difficult for frivalous rewards with the possiblity of something shiny and purple for your toon. The truth of the matter is, if I have to respawn 50 times to move from one room to the next there is a mechanical issue contradicting the normal rythem of any mmo...not dying. Group ground missions need a serious overhaul in the concept of player based skills and tactics. I will explain some of the fails I have encountered. Terradome: Where's Sulu, incubators continously spawn "guardians" to the point they make a cheerleader pyramid, more undine than 5 people could fathom taking without divine intervention, poorly placed respawn points turn me into olympic marathon runner and the last part of the mission dont get stuck in the door trust me on that. The Cure: Ground, Elite tacts are the devil, really...the endless respawning of evil facemelting borgs even makes Q giggle to your frustration. Infected: boss, trust me folks the jumping used to be way harder they fixed it, plasma baths are bad for everyones complextion. I like the remastered episodes and the content they have added but, Endgame mission keep people playing especially the casual players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Terradome, Infected and the Cure are STF's, meaing they're five person 'raids', so they're meant to be a challenge
and yes, the rest of the endgame content isn't really worth much, but that's why they're delaying the upgrade to Fleet Admiral, so it has the proper content
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2011, 06:11 AM
There's a lot more to do at endgame than just the STFs, which are already scheduled to get re-vamped in any case.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Check out the new ground on Tribble, It's actually not fail. Also STF's are being "looked at", which I am sure will be followed by A "stern talking too", & eventually a "fix". Check out PVP. It's got a steep learniing curve, but it's fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
my only answer to STF's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf7i6eJr9Nk

rgds prien
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesun View Post
The truth of the matter is, if I have to respawn 50 times to move from one room to the next there is a mechanical issue contradicting the normal rythem of any mmo...not dying. Group ground missions need a serious overhaul in the concept of player based skills and tactics.
the truth of the matter is, if you die 50 times and not learn anything about the encounters you die from, the fault is with you and your teammates not the game-mechanic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_silencer
the truth of the matter is, if you die 50 times and not learn anything about the encounters you die from, the fault is with you and your teammates not the game-mechanic.
i agree... dying 50 times means you were drawing every single borg in the room... no one can handle that many, no matter what your skill level or tactics
the trick is to carefully draw one group at a time, deal with them, and repeat (note, this doesn't necessarily mean the STF's, as they need different tactics for situations)
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeman83 View Post
my only answer to STF's:

rgds prien
I don't know dude, the whole first half of your fleets recruiting video shows your fleet getting PWNed by the Borg, you might wanna rethink that
cool video though, very well done.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-17-2011, 09:57 AM
just assemble a semi-good team and STFs will be the most enjoyable thing you've ever done!
i don't get it why ppl keep crying about STFs, if you find them too hard, don't play them, you don't NEED the borg set.
but PLEASE don't ruin them for the rest of us
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeman83 View Post
my only answer to STF's:

rgds prien
I don't know dude, the whole first half of your fleets recruiting video shows your fleet getting PWNed by the Borg, you might wanna rethink that
cool video though, very well done.
Passable at best. Generic 3D text intro, stereotypical heavy metal music most gamers put on raid footage, I lost interest after 30 seconds.

Back on topic though, to the OP:
  • Dindi't realize the crux of the game was just endgame raids. Perhaps I'm "doing it wrong"?
  • Know many people who have successfully completed the secarios you describe. Perhaps research their strategies?
  • With ground combat changes, STFs are next on the block to get a revamp from Gozer. Keep an eye on his posts.
  • Please, if you want us to actually read your post, try using some carriage returns. Block of text fail.