Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-17-2011, 09:25 AM
i woudl buy stuff from the cstore if it wasn't broke 'brell style' and it was for kdf as well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-17-2011, 09:29 AM
I think the new races should be added free, so everyone can play them. That way they can make species traits a little better. If you want to use their parts on aliens you would have to buy those on c-store.

I do think the c-store has gotten out of hand. The prices are high. I went from supporting c-store to just sick of it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morglon
Except the races and ships you can buy from the store don't bring anything game changing to the table.
I disagree. The ships have a very noticeable impact on gameplay.

The races not as much (due to how horrible ground combat was) but we're about to see that change with this season 4 update.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
I'd say get rid of the Captain Retrain token in Cstore, its rediculous how we have to pay to respec ourselves, and it takes days/weeks to get 30,000 merits...

For the rest, keep it the way it is, Cryptic also needs to pay their Employees.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-17-2011, 10:26 AM
If your loaded you wont really mind paying for your special wee ship, if youve been here a while you will use the other things in c-store because you like the game in general. Many people here have more than one character that flys a certain ship and everything is rosey.

Endless charging for respecs every time you want to change a simple thing like weapon type or ship class is a bit out of order though. I think it could be made a lot cheaper because for cryptic it really is money for doing absolutely nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-17-2011, 11:03 AM
The problem is indeed that too many new items are only available in the C store. The new fighters are a perfect example.

While some may argue these things take time to make, and the team is small...well what are people paying a subscription fee for then?

Can anyone name a current subscription based mmo that charges players for new armor? because that's basically what uniforms are, armor. They might not have stats, but they are the only means of changing your characters appearance in the game...and having to purchase that on top of a subscription is ludicrous.

While STO does offer free content, the free content is released at a snails pace in comparison to the Cstore content.

This games is fantastic, but the double dipping greed pig of a cstore is something the designers should be ashamed of, it lessens the value of the things they create, and of all the hurdles STO faces in the eyes of a gamer, the heavy usage of the Cstore is probably one of the largest factors in the negativity this title can't seem to overcome.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I have no objection for novelties. On the contrary, I have brought far more costumes and races than should be sensible. I don't mind these vanity tools at all. But dontdrunkimshoot sums it up fairly well.

Of course no one is being FORCED to buy anything, but the impression is gained that all "the best stuff" is in the Store (and yes, I know that isn't quite true). Especially the VA ships for the Klingons. They're wonderful and unique to the franchise but they're at VA level, cost too much in either emblems or cash.

It would have been good to have had all this diversity at lower tiers for a start, but I am going off-topic.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Moved to Feedback/C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-17-2011, 05:37 PM
And it just keeps getting more ridiculous all the time.

More disgustingly, assurances keep being given that things will change for the better while in fact the C-store keeps marching in the other direction. Could we at least get some honest money-grubbing?
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rath_Sartaro
If your loaded you wont really mind paying for your special wee ship, if youve been here a while you will use the other things in c-store because you like the game in general. Many people here have more than one character that flys a certain ship and everything is rosey.

Endless charging for respecs every time you want to change a simple thing like weapon type or ship class is a bit out of order though. I think it could be made a lot cheaper because for cryptic it really is money for doing absolutely nothing.
Problem is, the Skilltree skill description and what it actually does or what it actually covers (Also Passive skills) it far from complete or accurate.

Furthermore I'd like to change abilities and thus my skills to see which is better or just for fun, change weapons now and then, you name it.

But as of now it costs you a hell of a playtime, or it costs you Cstore points. I'd much prefer paying in EC's then, like 250.000 ec to respec?