Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hello Forums (and hopefully cryptic),

I've been playing featured series lately and I noticed the new Breen Set. It looks really cool and the idea of sets always intrigues me. I got to thinking and it occurred to me "Hey, Cloaked Intentions is a featured series AND it already has a reward (The Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array) that could be added upon into A SET! And that would be SO awesome....

So, what if you built a set around it like this:
(Reman Experimental Technology) Set of 4

[Reman Tactical Console Mk. (X)] --
10% Reduced Disruptor Damage to Shields
+5 Shield Power level
+60% Turn Rate Strength
+80% Power Transfer Rate (Like EPS Flow regulator)


[Reman Charged Tachyon Deflector Mk. (X)] --
+18 Starship Emitters
+18 Starship Deflectors
+9 Starship Sensors
+9 Starship Sensor Array
+9 Starship Sensor Probes
+5 Shield Power level

[Reman BioEnhanced Combat-Impulse Engines Mk.(X)]-
+12 Flight Speed (Efficient at low power levels)
+20 Flight Turn Rate
+101 Full Impulse Flight Speed
+18 Starship Engine Efficiency (skill)
+5 Auxiliary Power level

[Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array Mk. (X)]-
6,000 Maximum Shield Capacity
100 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds
+5 Auxiliary Power level

Set Bonuses:
With 3- Polarized Shield Modulation [Passive]
Extra 10% Reduced Damage from All Energy weapon types

With 4- Power: Thalaron Radiation Field [Ability]
Attack and Defense Buff, AoE based DoT
+15 Weapon Power Setting over 20 seconds
+60 All Damage Resistance over 20 seconds
Radiation-Based Hull DoT applied to enemy ships within 4 km radius.
Cooldown: 5 minutes

appreciate any feedback!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-21-2011, 08:58 PM
No .

Two reasons.

Your proposing to make every ship cloak

Your creating a set that tanks and randomly rebuff attackers

Your suggestion is game breaking overpowered
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-21-2011, 10:13 PM
yeah, no.

biggest reason being the cloak.

1. KDF ships short of carriers and some Tier 5's would gain no bonus from this

2. Aside from the Defiant Reto, and Gal X, no federation ship should have a cloaking device.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Ah, good point about the cloak. So I should take that out. Still, more sets in general is quite desirable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionsoldier View Post
No .

Your creating a set that tanks and randomly rebuff attackers

Your suggestion is game breaking overpowered
Sure, because the Defiant-R with Borg set bonuses 2 and 3 while equipping a Covariant Cap x3 and the ability to cloak isn't already game breaking OP'd.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Let me take a swing at modifying a few things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_edit
(Reman Experimental Technology) Set of 4

[Reman Tactical Console Mk. (X)] --
15% Reduced Disruptor Damage to Shields
+5 Starship Plasma Projectiles
+5 Starship Disruptor Weapons

[Reman Charged Tachyon Deflector Mk. (X)] --
+18 Starship Emitters
+18 Starship Deflectors
+18 Starship Sensors
+5 Shield Power level

[Reman BioEnhanced Impulse Engines Mk.(X)]-
+13 Flight Speed
+21 Flight Turn Rate
+101 Full Impulse Flight Speed
+5 Auxiliary Power level

[Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array Mk. (X)]-
6,000 Maximum Shield Capacity
100 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds
+5 Auxiliary Power level

Set Bonuses:
With 2- Forced Quantum Singularity Reactor [Passive]
+10 to weapon and shield efficiency.

With 3- Charged Particle Burst
[Scales with mark, low level sets give I, medium gives II, end game gets III]


With 4- Power: Heavy Disruptor Turret [Ability]
Activates "Heavy Disruptor Pulse Turret" - A Disruptor Turret with the power rating of a leveled single disruptor cannon.
Is not effected by Cannon: Scatter Volley or Cannon: Rapid Fire.
Fires on primary target.
-10 Weapon Power when firing other weapons.
!
Concept behind changes: in the IP, Romulans are seen using Disruptor energy weapons and plasma projectiles. This set gives a bonus to those specific weapons.

Changed Impulse engine to simply a normal impulse engine, last set included Combat Impulse Engines, this set should vary a bit.

Removed Thalaron ability due to issues with using Thalaron radiation, it breaks immersion, and is sorta OPd. Opted for Heavy Disruptor Turret, similar to the one mounted on the top of the Scimitar in Nemesis.

Changed shield ability to efficiency ability. With the shield buff from the Tac console, deflector and the shield itself the shields are more than buffing enough, adding instead an efficiency skill would passively help both shield and weapon power settings and abilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEMAN97
Hello Forums (and hopefully cryptic),

I've been playing featured series lately and I noticed the new Breen Set. It looks really cool and the idea of sets always intrigues me. I got to thinking and it occurred to me "Hey, Cloaked Intentions is a featured series AND it already has a reward (The Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array) that could be added upon into A SET! And that would be SO awesome....

So, what if you built a set around it like this:
(Reman Experimental Technology) Set of 4

[Reman Tactical Console Mk. (X)] --
10% Reduced Disruptor Damage to Shields
+5 Shield Power level
+60% Turn Rate Strength
+80% Power Transfer Rate (Like EPS Flow regulator)


[Reman Charged Tachyon Deflector Mk. (X)] --
+18 Starship Emitters
+18 Starship Deflectors
+9 Starship Sensors
+9 Starship Sensor Array
+9 Starship Sensor Probes
+5 Shield Power level

[Reman BioEnhanced Combat-Impulse Engines Mk.(X)]-
+12 Flight Speed (Efficient at low power levels)
+20 Flight Turn Rate
+101 Full Impulse Flight Speed
+18 Starship Engine Efficiency (skill)
+5 Auxiliary Power level

[Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array Mk. (X)]-
6,000 Maximum Shield Capacity
100 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds
+5 Auxiliary Power level

Set Bonuses:
With 3- Polarized Shield Modulation [Passive]
Extra 10% Reduced Damage from All Energy weapon types

With 4- Power: Thalaron Radiation Field [Ability]
Attack and Defense Buff, AoE based DoT
+15 Weapon Power Setting over 20 seconds
+60 All Damage Resistance over 20 seconds
Radiation-Based Hull DoT applied to enemy ships within 4 km radius.
Cooldown: 5 minutes

appreciate any feedback!
feds and klinks wont use thalaron, it's prity over powered (especialy the console) there are already lots of good rewards for the reman series.

those are my reasons for not liking it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Let me take a swing at modifying a few things?



Concept behind changes: in the IP, Romulans are seen using Disruptor energy weapons and plasma projectiles. This set gives a bonus to those specific weapons.

Changed Impulse engine to simply a normal impulse engine, last set included Combat Impulse Engines, this set should vary a bit.

Removed Thalaron ability due to issues with using Thalaron radiation, it breaks immersion, and is sorta OPd. Opted for Heavy Disruptor Turret, similar to the one mounted on the top of the Scimitar in Nemesis.

Changed shield ability to efficiency ability. With the shield buff from the Tac console, deflector and the shield itself the shields are more than buffing enough, adding instead an efficiency skill would passively help both shield and weapon power settings and abilities.
Not bad.... Not bad at all. The Weapon bonuses from the console should be higher, just slightly. How about +12?

Also, I liked the idea of a reduced damage to disruptor weapons. It matches other set in that (Breen less polaron/Borg less Plasma) and the CPB is an available ability, so keep the passive one I orginally had. One last thing: I thought the Breen engines WERE normal impulse. The whole reason I chose them is because of that. but if you insist....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-07-2011, 07:21 AM
New version Slightly modified and now with visual effect descriptions.

[Reman Tactical Relay- Universal Console Mk. (X)]
+12 Disruptor Weapons
+12 Plasma Torpedo Weapons
+65% Power Transfer Rate

[Reman Charged Tachyon Deflector Mk. (X)]
+9 Starship Emitters
+18 Starship Deflectors
+18 Starship Sensors
+9 Starship Sensor Array

[Reman BioEnhanced Impulse Engines Mk. (X)]
+12 Flight Speed
+14 Flight Turn Rate
+101 Full Impulse
+5 Auxiliary Power

[Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array Mk. (X)]
4,950 Max Shield Capacity
94 Shield Regen every 6 seconds
+9 Starship Shield Performance
+5 Shield Power

NEW Visual Effects:
Console- Weapon Points on ship (Phaser relay strips and little red emitters dots) Pulsate the deep teal reman color continously (approx. 4 seconds off/4 seconds on)
Deflector: Now more rugged and industrial looking. Light teal with 4 Black strips pointed in towards the middle like an X.
Engines: Impulse trails are now like spiraling teal ribbons that shift colors from neon teal to deep turquoise or a period of 12 seconds continously
Shield Array: You've already seen- it doesn't change.

Set Bonuses:
With 3- Polarized Shield Modulation(Passive)
15% Reduced Disruptor Damage to Shields
+9 Starship Auxiliary Power
+5 Weapon Power
+5 Engine Power

With 4- Thalaron Energy Reactor (Ability)
Resets All Bridge Officer Abilities
+8 Starship Operations Training for 5 seconds
+8 Starship Engineering Training for 5 seconds
Cooldown: 20 minutes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-07-2011, 07:29 AM
If using the Thalaron Energy Reactor (Which is purely for its energy producing abilities) is still not right, try this:

With 4- Plasma Particle Burst
Fires a huge Plasma Bolt at the enemy, dealing 2x the Damage of that of a "Beam Overload II"
Disables Weapon Subsystem for 10 seconds after
Cooldown: 6 minutes
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.