Lt. Commander
# 1 New BOFFs
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Ok, I'm not anti c-store I use it quite a lot. However, I think the way that the new BOFF's are being done takes the **** completely, people who have previously bought the caiten as playable race will be even more annoyed.

100CP/AT to buy one, but only one... YOU CAN'T CLAIM ANY MORE?! So like the Lib Borg I bought the other day, can claim as many as I like. But if you wanted another for a second character you would have to spend ANOTHER 100CP/AT. Anyone else think this is a real **** take? I don't mind buying something like that once but having to do it multiple times if you have more than one toon is a real kick in the teeth. For XP boosts etc and other services yeah it makes sense, but for a BOFF it's ridiculous. I was thinking of buying both just because they're different, but I won't be now... not until they make them like every other item.

You guys can't be ok with this... right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
That is pretty bad. You have my sympathy. I wish there was some actual feedback that would make a dent on c-store issues but ... it's been my experience that it's kind of like talking to a brick wall. Which sucks.

But I think you raise a very good point.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Interesting, it was just pulled from c-store already, must be a bug
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2011, 11:57 AM
They've said they will be putting in a way to get them in-game (a mission or maybe emblems). Wait until they do that. My concern is that the purchased BOffs can be sold on the Exchange for ECs (which is one step from buying ECs with real world money).

EDIT: They're off the C-Store as of this writing (they were there like 15 minutes ago). I think the Devs saw that people were buying them and posting them on the Exchange for over a million ECs a pop.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2011, 11:59 AM
either a bug as you say, or he tried to buy his second just as the cstore pulled them (rumour has it , they may be none tradeable soon)
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmick View Post
Interesting, it was just pulled from c-store already, must be a bug
There is indeed a bug; I'm very sorry about the problem. We're working on getting them fixed up and back online as quickly as possible! That they were tradeable was actually not the bug, by the way, that was our intent and still is for now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
There is indeed a bug; I'm very sorry about the problem. We're working on getting them fixed up and back online as quickly as possible! That they were tradeable was actually not the bug, by the way, that was our intent and still is for now.
Those of us who already picked them up... are we at risk for something negative due to the bug?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Hi, Wishy!

I was wondering if the bug will affect those of us who have already purchased the officers? I bought one of each before they were pulled, and I just hope that it won't affect them. Jhamel and Eartha Kitt, my two newest crew members, would appreciate any reassurances you (or others) could provide.

(Oh, and Wishy for Cryptic Empress!)
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I noticed them on cstore ealier but when contemplating getting ONE as one is all im gonna buy as i think they should be free like other BOFFS and this charging for each individual boff at 100 cp is jsut not what i want. I prefer all boffs to bavalible in game at the npc venders or from the leveling up and when new ones join your crews

I dont see why you have changed the way in that boffs are gainned to those who would like an all cat crew tehy have to buy each one for each char for each crew member with cp, if was starfleet in game merits like other boffs then would not really be a problem

Sad to see you have implemetned it this way for the cat boffs and them alienor ones to
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-16-2011, 12:12 PM
So are they to be account wide instead of a one use thing? If they are you've got another buyer here, but I want to be able to claim them for my other characters without paying over the odds. It's unfair and out of place considering the way liberated borg are account wide, and you can claim as many as you like.