Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaptic_Firefly
From a role playing standpoint, this is utterly interesting to hear. A Starfleet officer robbing from fleet to fleet. OOC, it's just plain wrong.

But this is a very informative post, so thanks!
I believe this person is a changeling.

Please remember to panic and vote for draconian police-state legislation.

Oh, and I'll hunt this person down for a tidy sum.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
OP, you were correct in not posting a name on the forum, well played.

You do know however that you can, and IMO, Should submit a GM Ticket to file a complaint, and in so doing CAN, submit Names, Dates and any other pertinent information for any and all incidents that you are aware of??
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
OP, you were correct in not posting a name on the forum, well played.

You do know however that you can, and IMO, Should submit a GM Ticket to file a complaint, and in so doing CAN, submit Names, Dates and any other pertinent information for any and all incidents that you are aware of??
You should know me better than to infringe on Forum law by now We've shared so many talks in here

Anyways, Unfortunally I was lucky enough to avoid his theft, as my security is in order, so I can't report him. I have however seen screenshot evidence from other fleet leaders confirming his actions, and his Bio and Log speak for themselves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Cryptic might want to put better bank features in order to 1) prevent bank thefts and 2) prevent false accusations as well. It does go both ways you know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-17-2011, 01:33 PM
I do... Thats why I relate to the guys Bio, his Log, and the quadzillion warnings about him in zone chat at ESD...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
OP, you were correct in not posting a name on the forum, well played.

You do know however that you can, and IMO, Should submit a GM Ticket to file a complaint, and in so doing CAN, submit Names, Dates and any other pertinent information for any and all incidents that you are aware of??
To what end? Cryptic's policy on this has been pretty staunch about non-support for this issue. if you submit a GM thing all they're going to say is "sorry, nothing we can do". In one of my character's fleets, Starfleet Security, the fleet leader himself (who did nothing when he took over last fall) shuttered the doors on the fleet by booting everyone who hadn't been active within the last month (less than 10 people) and took 48 million EC out of the bank as his own personal CEO cash-out. He didn't contribute a dime to the Fleet and he did nothing as a leader. How are you supposed to defend against the fleet leader ripping off the entire Fleet?

**I meant after he cleaned house there were only about 10 people left in the Fleet. Then he pulled a Bernie Madoff and made off with everyone's donated EC's
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-17-2011, 02:12 PM
They may not choose to discipline people who empty fleet banks and leave. If the guy is taunting and harassing other players. Report that player they may do something about that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
<snip>
Great post with simple security measures any fleet can take to help stop thieves.

Sadly I know of who you speak of. Ideally, in a perfect world, Cryptic would do something to stop the most egregious and blatant of offenders.

I am happy your fleet was not affected and thank you for using that information to help others avoid fleet bank thieves.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
One thing I know about this guy is that hes been playing less than a month and he was taunting around Zone Chat in ESD that he had 49million EC. the only ways to get that under a month are.

1. Gold Spammer
2. Super Saurian
3. Handouts
4. Stealing from defenceless fleet banks
5. Selling your body.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ok. So theres this guy running around currently, joining fleets, emptying banks and leaving with whatever he can get his hands on.

Because of forums rules I am of cause not allowed to publish who he is, but thoose fleets who have already had a visit from him are aware of his existence.

However, this guy openly brags about it in his Bio. He even tells us that he has scammed at least 250 million EC away from people, by stealing from banks, and pretend to sell Saurian Efficients, running with the money, without giving the officers away.
You may not be allowed to publish who he is, so I will edit his bio to protect his anonymity, I shall also provide a tell he sent me. Of course there is no "proof" of the tell other than my word and people have seen his bio before so....

"His" Bio

i am *************,i am here to adjust the balance of the game ,way too many goody two shoes herei specialize in deception,i am aware that you do not like this ,i take from unlocked bank tabs that are left unlocked,i take and give to lower level memebrs in the game a modern day robin of the hood,i have gained over 230 million ec and more items then most will ever come accross,i love to tab scam money from the peaple who dont know of the scam,it makes me happy to do this as most fleet leaders will hustle new guys out of data and that is more wrong then i giving it back to the newbs,asto keep them involved in the game ,you say theft i say my gain your lose,shoulda locked them tabs yo and o like saurians very much lol the effecient ones i have tab scamed 7 of them i love this agme

The Kind of Tell "He" Sends.

[Tell] **********@*************: i recently recieved an invitation to the guild and during the mission with the guy he left and i accidentliy declined it could i get another please
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.