Lt. Commander
# 21
06-17-2011, 04:00 PM
you know what i find really really funny, if you watch one of the eve trailers they say that it is the done thing on eve. made me laugh quite a bit
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I would highly recommend at least a 7 day probation period
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Sometimes, support does take action. I made a deal with another player to train a BO and they ran off with him. I support a GM ticket for it anlong with apporitate evidance. A couple of hours later...I had my BO back with the skill i was supposed to get trained and every skill was trained to 9.

So yeah....they sometimes do give your stuff back.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-17-2011, 06:15 PM
A big thumbs up from me for not one mentioning of a name. You guys rock!

Your tips are very valid and I can only urge you: Be careful with whom you add to your fleet. Sadly some people just are not nice. It's a sad truth. As long as the game mechanics allow it, the CS staff cannot do a lot to help. In some rare cases they can assist, so do send in a ticket and ask if they can help. You've not anything more to lose by asking nicely.

As for fleet leaders or officers cleaning out and leaving the fleet... sadly this, too, happens. The only thing one could suggest here is to get to know your fleet. A strong social network can do mircales in finding the bad apples and fending them off.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
The Kind of Tell "He" Sends.

[Tell] **********@*************: i recently recieved an invitation to the guild and during the mission with the guy he left and i accidentliy declined it could i get another please
This is pretty much what I saw. "I got an invitation to the guild but accidentally declined. Can you reinvite me?"

And I knew nothing, cause I am hopelessly naive and think everyone is my friend, so I answered. "[ We're an RP fleet. Are you sure it was us? ]"

And got no reply.

And then ten minutes later he paged me with the exact same thing, and that's when I figured out he was getting invites to people's fleets so he could plunder the bank.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
A big thumbs up from me for not one mentioning of a name. You guys rock!

Your tips are very valid and I can only urge you: Be careful with whom you add to your fleet. Sadly some people just are not nice. It's a sad truth. As long as the game mechanics allow it, the CS staff cannot do a lot to help. In some rare cases they can assist, so do send in a ticket and ask if they can help. You've not anything more to lose by asking nicely.

As for fleet leaders or officers cleaning out and leaving the fleet... sadly this, too, happens. The only thing one could suggest here is to get to know your fleet. A strong social network can do mircales in finding the bad apples and fending them off.
What if a character is a Ferengi wouldn't that be Star Trek canon? lol get some role playing going :p

Energy Credits are so easy to make in-game why would somebody steal them. everyone can make a million a day If I go all out on farm farm farm I can get like 5mill to 10mill a day (4 hours game-play) if farming wasn't that boring that is :p

If a Fleet leader Calls his Fleets quits & he has the soul permission over the banking system that is a poor choice of a Fleet, then you have no right to complain about it, that's jut poor judgment.

Don't get me wrong here I do not encourage stealing we had our Fleet Bank emptyd out when the game launched, 200k peanuts compared to know but back then the banking setting where bugged, know Pfff it's so protected you be a idiot to let anything get stolen. (if you set it up correctly of course)

Their will always be people stealing (be happy they arent ripping you of in real life)

Other suggestion make it a Ferengi Trade.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You should know me better than to infringe on Forum law by now We've shared so many talks in here
I have a few names under my belt, but I am very slow to get all the Prime Ones rooted in there. Bear with me, it will eventually come with time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Anyways, Unfortunally I was lucky enough to avoid his theft, as my security is in order, so I can't report him. I have however seen screenshot evidence from other fleet leaders confirming his actions, and his Bio and Log speak for themselves.
Have these Fleet Leaders submitted the screen shots they have shown you to the Devs in a complaint form? If several from multiple players are submitted for the same player showing them committing an infraction, then, I would think Cryptic would have to take action.

A person may write a BIO, for themselves, or have a log generated for what they do, but Bragging does not constitute Guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablachere
To what end? Cryptic's policy on this has been pretty staunch about non-support for this issue. if you submit a GM thing all they're going to say is "sorry, nothing we can do". In one of my character's fleets, Starfleet Security, the fleet leader himself (who did nothing when he took over last fall) shuttered the doors on the fleet by booting everyone who hadn't been active within the last month (less than 10 people) and took 48 million EC out of the bank as his own personal CEO cash-out. He didn't contribute a dime to the Fleet and he did nothing as a leader. How are you supposed to defend against the fleet leader ripping off the entire Fleet?

**I meant after he cleaned house there were only about 10 people left in the Fleet. Then he pulled a Bernie Madoff and made off with everyone's donated EC's
As Anazonda posted above, he has seen screen shots of Wrong Doing, presented by Fleet Leaders. If they show Evidence of some Breach of Server Policy that has been done, then as WishStone has stated before, *Patterns of Violation will be Dealt with on a Case by Case Basis. (*Paraphrased)

If a player has been given a level of (Freedom???), in the Bank Access, and has Over stepped that authority, then I would think you have a case. If, however, they are given Access to a Specific Bank Tab??, and take everything from that tab?? then what is that player being charged with, being given too much Authority?

Fleet management is responsible for allowing access to bank sections as I understand the problem. If a player is given that access, then Cleans out the bank, and leaves the fleet, then IMHO, they have not breached any game regulations. If there is any Proof of Game, or Server, Regulation Breach, then that evidence should be presented to Devs as a complaint to be given what ever consideration it is due.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-18-2011, 05:11 AM
It's the fleet's duty to sort out those "foul apples". Good fleets have an academy or a similar place to look how players work with each other and with new ones etc. Bank thieves usually don't take too much effort to be with others, they just want to achieve their goal. You can usually isolate them quite easily if you're a bit of a social talent (counselor etc).

A game master should not be contacted in such a case, because there are much more vital issues GM's should be dealing with, such as game bugs or item lost issues from the exchange etc. but this is an issue which can be completely handled by the players themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-18-2011, 05:14 AM
While I feel the pain of the fleets that have been robbed, the lesson is live and learn. Cryptic will not do anything to the robbers because you left your tabs open. Its your job as Fleet Captains to protect your fleets resources, guild robbing is nothing new to the gaming world. I learned myself years ago on City of Heroes when my villain group was robbed when two of the founders had a falling out. Sucks to have it happen, you're only a fool if you let it happen twice.
Lt. Commander
# 30 A Wise Guy Solution
06-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Remember, cap their knees... They'll remember it longer...