Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
I am a big lover of the Galaxy Class and the Galaxy X is in my opinion on of the best cruisers in the game but can we please remove that ugly third nacelle from the design or at least have the option to remove it. It just spoils the graceful beauty of that vessel. Its not a difficult thing to do, I would just rather not have that on my vessel if I can help it because it is pretty hideous.

Please Cryptic... It really is spoiling the game if I have to look at thats ship's ugly backside more often then not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Go to ESD or other area with ship customization and customize your ship. Click the "advanced" button. Remove the offending nacelle. Thank you for getting rid of the stupid thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbongo View Post
Go to ESD or other area with ship customization and customize your ship. Click the "advanced" button. Remove the offending nacelle. Thank you for getting rid of the stupid thing.
hmm something change? last I checked, and this was just 4 days ago, you cant remove the third nacelle.

The OP, well there are reasons you cant remove it, the G(x) third nacelle is part of its iconic stance. Also, it would not be prudent to remove the third nacelle, as many would begin disguising it as a regular G or G(r), and go into PVP. We use to be able to remove it, but many of those, like myself who had this ship from the beginning expressed our concerns over this and the option to get rid of the third nacelle was removed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2011, 04:53 AM
ah. my bad, not used gal x in months.
I don't keep up with nerfs and assorted handicapping the pvp qq achieves.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
I am a big lover of the Galaxy Class and the Galaxy X is in my opinion on of the best cruisers in the game but can we please remove that ugly third nacelle from the design or at least have the option to remove it. It just spoils the graceful beauty of that vessel. Its not a difficult thing to do, I would just rather not have that on my vessel if I can help it because it is pretty hideous.

Please Cryptic... It really is spoiling the game if I have to look at thats ship's ugly backside more often then not.
No because Cryptic wants people to know what they are up against.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2011, 11:31 AM
they must have changed it because I had it removed a while back
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post
they must have changed it because I had it removed a while back
It was possible at first, but it would be against the principle that everyone should be able to recognize what kind ship it is at first sight.
Which was no proble before the Galaxy R was introduced.
If they would have left it in no one would know if they are up against a Gal-X or R.
I think there was another reason too...
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2011, 12:13 PM
well if i remember right, it still had the cannons, I dont think I could remove them from the saucer section...and that should be enough...
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post
well if i remember right, it still had the cannons, I dont think I could remove them from the saucer section...and that should be enough...
and the phaser lance that is stuck under your saucer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
and the phaser lance that is stuck under your saucer.
They could let you remove the necelle itself but keep the raised part on the back that connects to the strut and necelle. Still different then the G-r but without the 3rd necelle.