Lt. Commander
# 1 Maybe, one day?
06-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Alright, any one remember Startrek The Next Generation's episode Pegasus? for those of you that don't let me fill you in, basically the USS Pegasus was an experimental oberth class ship, what was so experimental about it was the interphase cloaking device it had, which basically means when cloaked it could move through solid objects and what not.

Now I've been kind of debating with myself if they should add an interphase cloaking device in the game, I mean basically why the Federation doesn't have any cloaking technology (excluding the defiant because of romulan/fed co-work I suppose, or the feds got permission from the romulans or something and not sure about the galaxy x one.) However it does seem the federation is at war with pretty much every one (not by choice ofcorse) so wouldn't that make the Treaty of Algeron void (the treaty stating federation will not make cloaking devices)? Just thought it could be interesting.

and by the way if theres actually a reason the galaxy x class can have a cloaking device I dont know of, please let me know, something I've also wondered about.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Maybe, One day?
06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
maybe, one day i'll be able to have my Steamrunner Class super torp boat that has a 15km range for it's HY4 torps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
nice try but no feds are not getting cloaks and by the way yes the feds did start a lot of the wars like the fed klingon war.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Well really the feds do already have cloak, its just stuck with the defiant and galaxy x class right now....and as far as I know about them starting the war the klinks, from the original one I think it was stated on TNG a wrong first contact approach....hardly any reason to start a war...unless that is you are a klingon I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Do you know what "Mask Energy Signature" Sci BOff skill is?

I call it the "Poor Man's Cloak"

It's essentially a cloak, but not a cloak....

Feddies really don't need anymore cloaks....tbh. :/

Tired of hearing people beg for it. It's not a "Battle Cloak" AFAIK anyway that the Feds have....so what's the point? I can do an ambush attack...whoopie......
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2011, 11:10 PM
But whats been bugging me about it, was not the in game stuff, but like since technically the Treaty of Algeron is void, don't you think some of the starfleet higher officials would be trying to revive the phase cloaking device technology? I mean, I'm not saying they should add it to the game but at least bring it up some how. My bad I should of said this was hypothetical >.<
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2011, 01:58 AM
What would be the use of phasic cloak anyway? Space is a mostly empty thing, and in game there isnt a whole lot of things you would need or like to be able to pass through.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2011, 03:34 AM
What would be good is getting the voyager armour instead of shields as part of the endgame.