Lt. Commander
# 21
06-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Judge Cryptic by their past actions with the KDF and PvE content. We are at S4 and as far as PvE content just for the KDF little has changed. It is a shame when you look at what they did with the first KDF only missions. They were done extremely well and I had high hopes for the future PvE KDF content that Cryptic told us they were working on.

But now with S4 just about to be released and with no KDF only PvE content it appears to me the KDF is not going to get the true fleshing out we had hoped for. Don't get me wrong I don't expect the KDF to ever have the same amount of content as the Feds. But I do expect more than the a small token amount we currently have.

S4 is a huge update and improvement to the game and I love what I see so far. But I hope that the dev's will take the large number of posts regarding the lack of KDF only PvE content to heart and dedicate at lest one mission per release to the KDF after the release of S4. If not we will be left with a great new ground combat update in S4 but with no enjoyable way to play it given the lack of KDF content. I say this as don't find playing the exact same mission that I have played on the Fed side (once per character three total) a fun thing to do again on my KDF characters (four total).
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO369 View Post
Judge Cryptic by their past actions with the KDF and PvE content. We are at S4 and as far as PvE content just for the KDF little has changed. It is a shame when you look at what they did with the first KDF only missions. They were done extremely well and I had high hopes for the future PvE KDF content that Cryptic told us they were working on.
Season 2 was kind of Cryptic's "great experiment". They spent a ton of resources and time developing 8 awesome KDF only episodes and according to them, it made basically no difference at all in the KDF population. Unfortunately for us that means they arent going to be spending time making anymore KDF exclusive content any time soon because it didnt pay off when they tried it before.

I hate to say it, but I cant actually blame them; at least not from a business standpoint. They gave us exactly what we asked for, KDF exclusive PvE content, and it didnt do anything to increase the KDF playerbase.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Season 2 was kind of Cryptic's "great experiment". They spent a ton of resources and time developing 8 awesome KDF only episodes and according to them, it made basically no difference at all in the KDF population. Unfortunately for us that means they arent going to be spending time making anymore KDF exclusive content any time soon because it didnt pay off when they tried it before.

I hate to say it, but I cant actually blame them; at least not from a business standpoint. They gave us exactly what we asked for, KDF exclusive PvE content, and it didnt do anything to increase the KDF playerbase.
You know I remember read that before but for some reason it never actually clicked until just now. Your right; they did do exactly what people have been asking them for and it accomplished nothing. People complained just as much as ever. I think that just goes to show that the KDF population is always going to be really small no matter what the Devs do.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:

Yes,8 great episodes,that brought the number of KDF missions up to a grand total of.....8. Isn't that half of what the Feds have? *sarcasm off* Ok,seriously.....8 missions,however awesome they are,are just not enough.We need at least 4 times that number,spread out over the ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Yes,8 great episodes,that brought the number of KDF missions up to a grand total of.....8. Isn't that half of what the Feds have? *sarcasm off* Ok,seriously.....8 missions,however awesome they are,are just not enough.We need at least 4 times that number,spread out over the ranks.
I dont disagree that it wasnt enough. My point is that it had NO effect AT ALL. Even if it wasnt enough, it still should have shown some increase in the KDF population, if that was really the solution.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
I dont disagree that it wasnt enough. My point is that it had NO effect AT ALL. Even if it wasnt enough, it still should have shown some increase in the KDF population, if that was really the solution.
A part of the problem may have been that the 8 are spread around the rank promotions, so starting a KDf toon doesn't get you those missions, you still have to grind to get to them. I doubt Storyline PvE that replaces the grind rather than necessitating it would have as little affect.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
A part of the problem may have been that the 8 are spread around the rank promotions, so starting a KDf toon doesn't get you those missions, you still have to grind to get to them. I doubt Storyline PvE that replaces the grind rather than necessitating it would have as little affect.
That is a valid point. So it sounds like adding anything less than the number of missions needed to completely level without grinding is wasted effort. At least, that is what Season 2 seemed to demonstrate.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-24-2011, 12:54 AM
I read somewhere- I wanna say in the Engineering reports- part of the whole Qo'noS zone re-master is a set of "starter quests" or a kdf tutorial of sorts. That's definitely something to look forward to, especially if f
get the same attention to detail the zone did. Sure the UFP will get the same treatment, but hey.

Also, part of the reason those 8 missions didn't really have an effect on population, is that missions aren't the only factor- playable races, (which the UFP still has 2X as many options as kdf), costume options, ship selection, the list goes on. The kdf is so far behind the UFP in so many categories, (and continues to fall behind) to only address one of these issues and expect the prob with pop to be solved-it's crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
The kdf is so far behind the UFP in so many categories, (and continues to fall behind) to only address one of these issues and expect the prob with pop to be solved-it's crazy.
No one said it would solve the problem. The point is that it didnt help AT ALL(as far as population goes).
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-24-2011, 06:56 AM
I'm chiming in as both a long time Feddie and a part time KDF, I've posted some in another thread I dunno.

But I agree, the KDF is lacking heavily, it's one of the reasons I don't bring out my KDF toon as much, and I've even gotten tired of rolling a Feddie toon to go through the same mission branches.

But I do like the idea of the Foundry Eps being elevated to a Dev's of Fan's Choice and given rewards to match a normal Ep. Or heck, I heard tell of some Fed Eps being altered for the Klingons, there's something there. Dunno what that means for the storylines. But I digress.

I'd be happy with some good PVE content tossed out so I got a reason to do something new, and yes, explore the Klingon side of the conflict. Their reactions to the Iconians playing everyone for suckers. B'Vat and his plans. All of it.

But then, the Devs haven't seemed to grasped the notion that if they put in Content, they'd GET players for the KDF.