Lt. Commander
# 1 The Wise Guys
06-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Listen up, because I'm about to make you an offer that you can't refuse...

If you're looking for a bigger 'piece of the action' in STO, the Wise Guys might be just the place for you. If you want to make the cut, however, there's a few things that you need to keep in mind, before you can become a made man:
  • If you're going to spend time in the speakeasies, you've got to be old enough to really enjoy them... (21+ to join.))
  • You must agree to abide by our Omerta... (Register on the Fleet's Forums and agree to our Code of Conduct.)
  • You must undergo an Initiation Ceremony... (We will take you along on an STF and/or spend some time PvP-ing with you, and we ask that you join us on our Vent, both so we can get to know you better, and to see if you are compatible with us.
  • You must honor and respect the Family as a whole... (Represent your Fleetmates and the Fleet by conducting yourself in an honorable manner.)
  • You must honor and respect each Member of the Family... (Respect each person, as an individual, and respect the chain of command.)
  • Represent the Family to the best of your ability... (By having the most fun that you can, with the help of your fellow Fleetmates!)

Of course, you'll get a 'piece of the action' too:
  • A cut of the take... (Fully stocked Fleet Bank, constantly updated, secure access.)
  • An established Family... (Expert STF leaders, PvP teams, build advice, leveling assistance, etc.)
  • The tools for the job... (Ventrilo server provided, full Fleet Forum, maxed-level Fleet Crafters who take on-demand requests, etc.)
  • Family that always has your back... (We look out for our own, and are willing to help with anything you might need.)
  • A great environment... (We love to have fun, and we encourage you to join us!)

If you think you can make the cut, or just want a little more information, send a Mail or PM to:
  • @BigRedJedi
  • @WSmith
  • @fourbearsstanding
  • @Ratter116
  • @Hozz-in-NC
  • @sbaughman

Remember, the Family is always watching!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Yo BigRed, see you tomorrow in game for KA.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Great fleet Solid group of people
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75
Yo BigRed, see you tomorrow in game for KA.
Looking forward to it!

Remember, we're looking at starting around 3PM EST (might get as late a start as 5PM, but, hopefully earlier).

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbearsstanding View Post
Great fleet Solid group of people
Agreed 4bears. Best group of people Ive had the pleasure to run with. If youre looking to join a mature group of knowledgeable folks this really is a great fleet to join.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2011, 08:38 PM
The "Kneecapper" welcomes anyone who wishes to join!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-29-2011, 02:16 PM
As one of the Leaders of the fleet we try to make sure our fleet members , have what they need for the enjoyment of the game
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I'll share with you all a little story.

As you can see I began STO in February of this year. For the first month that I played I soloed exclusively while trying to learn the game and the mechanics of building a toon. During that time I turned to the forums as my primary source of knowledge. This is how I became familiar with BigRed Jedi. After playing for a while I began to feel like a lot of the information available within these forums was actually less than accurate. However, you could always count on BigRed as a good source for accurate information and I spotted that early. I had a question one day and I emailed him about it to which he promptly replied. He told me that if I ever had any more questions he'd be glad to help me out.

I thanked him and put his offer on the shelf.

For the following three months afterwards I joined two of the larger fleets on the server. They were all really nice people but I felt as though I was simply a name in the crowd. In the beginning, my primary reason for joining these fleets was simply to get through the STF's. In the first fleet which I joined there was a lot of PVP and leveling go on but no one was actually running the STF's from what I could see. I thought I'd try some other options so I left there and joined another larger fleet. They would actually run the STF's but I had a bad experience with a group leader during the Cure once who raged easily.

After being frustrated with a failed Cure attempt with my old Fleet I contacted BigRed again. I asked him if he wouldn't mind getting me in a Cure run with him and his friends the next time they ran one. He messaged me back and said he would be more than happy to and arranged a Cure and KA run that very week. We went in on Vice Admiral difficulty and had two flawless runs. Everyone enjoyed themselves and the group leader Smith did an excellent job explaining the STF's.

The rest they say is history.

Truly, if you're looking for a great group of guys you need to look no further.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Had an awesome Infected run today... Helped an Ensign 51 (yes, you read that right... See all the details in this thread!) to get through this first STF, and we will be looking at possibly attempting The Cure, in the near future!

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Anyone who's ever looked into the builds and ability developments should recognize Big Red Jedi his posts discussing builds and abilities are both well written and insight full. I know when I fell into a rut on how to build it was his work that got me back on track.

I haven't run with the Wise Guys. But what they have to say is everything you should look for, a group who wants to run together and see if your a good fit with them.