Lt. Commander
# 21
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
Quick question, how effect are tact captains in cruiser class ships, like a Vor'cha for example?
I used to fly a Vor'cha Refit and, as a Science Officer, I still put out decent firepower, as even Cruisers can mount DCs/DHCs. As a Tactical Officer, with Attack Pattern Alpha, you could do far better. But that's just my personal experience - I'll leave that to the better number-crunchers than I.
Lt. Commander
TACs do well in cruisers. Just be advised that it's good to try and pickup EPtS III or ENG III from another engineer. EPtW(if you are running Beams + DBB) and EPtE (Give you great turning at slower speeds) is also good.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-21-2011, 02:09 PM
So what would be better mounted on a Vor'cha, DBB or either DC/DHC?
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-22-2011, 03:58 AM
While I genuinely want to answer that, I think you'd be better served asking at the KDF shipyards, or looking at the Vor'cha builds therein. I personally went with the cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Yes check out the shipyards, there are a lot of good builds there for all ships.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
Yes check out the shipyards, there are a lot of good builds there for all ships.
Aye, he speaks the truth....
If you still need assistance with your ship building plans, then there are plenty of people on the KDF side that can assist you....

KDF STF andKDF Assistance channels always have someone in there to help out.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
Quick question, how effect are tact captains in cruiser class ships, like a Vor'cha for example?
I flew a few cruisers when I first came over to the dark side. Using the fittings I found in the ship yard, I felt good just heading in "Fed Style" into combat. Those fitting will help you a lot and there is some very good advise there also.

I will say that once I flew the Hegh'Ta and B'Rel T5 I discharged all the rest of the ship except the shuttle and fighter. To me, those are what the Klingon side is all about.

Qa'Pla, and Long Live the Empire!
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleto_Deadman
I flew a few cruisers when I first came over to the dark side. Using the fittings I found in the ship yard, I felt good just heading in "Fed Style" into combat. Those fitting will help you a lot and there is some very good advise there also.

I will say that once I flew the Hegh'Ta and B'Rel T5 I discharged all the rest of the ship except the shuttle and fighter. To me, those are what the Klingon side is all about.

Qa'Pla, and Long Live the Empire!
Don't forget of course the carrier...unique to the KDF side...gives the whole we are here to go ahead and be crazy to a whole new level...lol