Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
To be honest, I thought that was the underlying purpose of the Foundry to begin with. What better way to improve the game and reward the players than to incorporate the best Foundry missions into the official game?

I'd be interested in knowing why Foundry missions can't be "live" content, as well.

Z
I just mentioned it because in the other thread somebody brought it up. One would think that if the mission were vetted and approved by the dev team that it would be all right. However, it also should no longer be editable by the author anymore once approved; that would leave the door open to abuse. At the very least, if an author changed one of these missions, it should revert to a standard Foundry mission.

From a licensing and legalities standpoint, I'd be willing to bet that keeping it a Foundry mission but making it a Community Spotlight mission with better rewards would be easier to do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-18-2011, 01:54 PM
How about this?
  • The highest rated KDF Foundry missions get vetted by the devs.
  • The winners get made into a Foundry Featured Series
  • Each mission selected for the weekly series gets its own item rewards
  • These missions get integrated into standard PvE progression.

Some of the existing Foundry missions are as good as dev offering, especially since you can create binary endings.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-18-2011, 01:56 PM
A little less talk and alot more action please. This is the only idea that is reasonably possible from a development resource perspective, so just do it already so we can get this situation resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbaby9000 View Post
A little less talk and alot more action please. This is the only idea that is reasonably possible from a development resource perspective, so just do it already so we can get this situation resolved.
Finding an optimal solution (i.e. doesn't take ages) is something worth discussing.

Considering some 75% of the playerbase is Fed, I suspect that's the one thing preventing them from going full-bore KDF all the time. It's hard to be profitable if 75% of your install-base (less so, since many play both sides), doesn't see anything for months at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Finding an optimal solution (i.e. doesn't take ages) is something worth discussing.

Considering some 75% of the playerbase is Fed, I suspect that's the one thing preventing them from going full-bore KDF all the time. It's hard to be profitable if 75% of your install-base (less so, since many play both sides), doesn't see anything for months at a time.
Yeah, I get that. Thats why I'm saying make this idea happen already. Why they havent done this already instead of all the feet dragging is hard to even comprehend.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-18-2011, 02:07 PM
I think it's content that's preventing folks from playing Klingon though, I've got a Lt. 8 Klingon whom the only reason I don't play more often is lack of content
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I get that. Thats why I'm saying make this idea happen already. Why they havent done this already instead of all the feet dragging is hard to even comprehend.
Which idea?

That's why there's a discussion: some want the costly, lengthy PvE episodes that I burned through one afternoon on Tribble.

Me? I'd be content with taking the best Foundry missions by players (Captain-revo's are pretty sweet) and repurposing them as KDF PvE progression. Reward the authors by splattering their name over the credits and giving sweet, unique loot as the mission reward.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Which idea?

That's why there's a discussion: some want the costly, lengthy PvE episodes that I burned through one afternoon on Tribble.

Me? I'd be content with taking the best Foundry missions by players (Captain-revo's are pretty sweet) and repurposing them as KDF PvE progression. Reward the authors by splattering their name over the credits and giving sweet, unique loot as the mission reward.
The idea of making Foundry missions actual KDF episodes. Isnt that what this thread is about?
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
The idea of making Foundry missions actual KDF episodes. Isnt that what this thread is about?
You're right. I misread the OP.

I thought it was just about offering ideas to solve the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
As noted in another thread, they can't use player-created content as "live" content.
I'm guessing the same labor laws that prevent them from accepting player submitted ships or story ideas would prevent them from publishing it as their own live content.

Quote:
However, the Community spotlight idea could be modified to say those specific Foundry missions would receive standard XP and rewards, while still being Foundry missions.

Include a search filter for community spotlight missions and perhaps it will encourage other players to use the Foundry, even if just for those missions. This would at least give KDF players a PvE option for leveling.
This.

I don't know why Cryptic seems to be dragging its feet with its community spotlight concept. Unless it really is harder then just flaging a mission as "Spotlight" and add an XP reward along with a level appropriated item/mark pickup.

There are soo many very high quality missions now for both factions that it shouldn't even be a time concern of slogging through mission after mission to find one to spotlight. This could quickly bolster PvE options for both the Klingons and Federation very quickly but it just hasen't happened yet. I really think they dropped the ball on this one, at least the way its been handled so far.